• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Essay Structure (2 Viewers)

HSC
N/A
Hello all, for the common module we have to do our related and prescribed text and I have no clue as to how to structure it.

3x Bodys: Prescribed 70%, related 30%

HELP ME

icycledough

HSC
I'm not sure what you mean by the percentages, because ideally, you should be providing a 50/50 split for both texts (as they are both equally as important in creating your essay).

So with 3 paragraphs, you're going to be using an integrated structure, whereby each paragraph explores a similar theme. You can do this in 2 ways, considering you will need a minimum of 4 quotes/pieces of evidence per paragraph:

Method 1 (alternating method):

Text 1: Evidence 1
Text 2: Evidence 1
Text 1: Evidence 2
Text 2: Evidence 2

Method 2 (2 blocks):

Text 1: Evidence 1 & 2
Text 2: Evidence 1 & 2

If you decided to change your mind and have 4 body paragraphs, you would be using a divided structure. There's more information on this as well as the 3 paragraph method in the link here --> https://www.matrix.edu.au/how-to-write-a-comparative-essay-module-a-textual-conversations/

uniqueusername1

HSC
Hello all, for the common module we have to do our related and prescribed text and I have no clue as to how to structure it.

3x Bodys: Prescribed 70%, related 30%

HELP ME
wait we need to know our related texts for common? I thought that was just for the multimodal assignment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)