Reading Comprehension HSC (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I think 200 words would generally constitute a sufficiently long response to a 4 mark question. I normally write 500 words in response to a 10 mark question, meaning that a 4 mark question would require approximately 200 words.

With that being said, the length of response ultimately depends on the requirement(s) of the question and the extent to which you are able to effectively answer a 4 mark question by writing 200 words.

I hope this helps! :D

Leadmen4y

HSC
don't worry about the words just be succinct and fill in all the spaces n u should be good, if u really want a number a good estimate would be (number of marks) x 2 x (how many words you write per minute), like I write pre slow at like 20-25 so for a 4 marker I would write about 160-200

icycledough

HSC
You would also want to consider the time allocation. For example, in Paper 1 of English Advanced, most students choose to spend 45 minutes on the comprehension questions. 45 minutes for 20 marks is 2.25 minutes per mark, so you can also choose to allocate marks that way.

painsad

HSC
You would also want to consider the time allocation. For example, in Paper 1 of English Advanced, most students choose to spend 45 minutes on the comprehension questions. 45 minutes for 20 marks is 2.25 minutes per mark, so you can also choose to allocate marks that way.
Is this time allocation reasonable? It depends on each person's understanding. I need to arrange but that doesn't mean everyone is the same.

icycledough

HSC
Is this time allocation reasonable? It depends on each person's understanding. I need to arrange but that doesn't mean everyone is the same.
It's just a rough guide you can use ... obviously, you may find you need to spend more or less than 45 minutes on the comprehension (speaking about the HSC Paper 1 comprehension section) and spend more or less time on the individual questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)