Chemistry Exam Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Siwel

HSC
do you reckon they will have a lot of practicals in there since we didnt get to do some?

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
The exam would have been finalised early in the year, certainly well before the major lockdown.

Further, NESA tends to view issues like decreased opportunity for face-to-face teaching as a matter for special consideration rather than for exam setting.

icycledough

HSC
Any topics you guys want or don't want for the 6-8 marker extended questions?

Siwel

HSC
does anyone know why we have a full sheet of standard potentials? Cant remember what topic in yr 12 uses it

luminol

HSC
does anyone know why we have a full sheet of standard potentials? Cant remember what topic in yr 12 uses it
module 3 in year 11. used for prelims, and used to be in year 12 in the old syllabus. we don't really need it unless they explicitly test redox reactions which is probably not going to happen

Siwel

HSC
module 3 in year 11. used for prelims, and used to be in year 12 in the old syllabus. we don't really need it unless they explicitly test redox reactions which is probably not going to happen
oh like the salt bridge thing, really hope that isnt in yr 12

yly417692

HSC
oh like the salt bridge thing, really hope that isnt in yr 12
Galvanic cells are part of year 11 content which may be tested as assumed knowledge but I believe it is unlikely that they will appear in the exam. But then again, who knows?

Siwel

HSC
Galvanic cells are part of year 11 content which may be tested as assumed knowledge but I believe it is unlikely that they will appear in the exam. But then again, who knows?
idk man probs part of mod 8 also, i swear everything random is in that mod

icycledough

HSC
Unless they change it this year, I don't ever recall seeing a single galvanic cell question in all the trial and practice exams I did last year. I just don't think they will explicitly test Year 11 knowledge, as there is already a lot of Year 12 knowledge to know thoroughly.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
They won't put the galvanic cells most likely. You need to remember the data sheet is not meant to just be a HSC data sheet it is also for Year 11 students to use as well. Since is there no separate data sheet for Year 11 and 12 all the stuff from each year is put together

Anyways if they ask you something on the redox the question won't be hard. You have the data sheet there with all the equations already given so it's just a matter of choosing the appropriate one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)