Computer Science Engineering (1 Viewer)

Mr.GreyCells

HSC
Hi,
I just found out that there is a prerequisite of Maths Extension 1 for comp. sci. engineering in UNSW and well, I did Ext 1 in yr 11 and dropped it in yr 12 because it was 1 unit and now I am really really regretting dropping it.
Is there any way I could get in without that like a course or sth which I could do or maybe get in software engineering and then transfer?
Thanks

vishnay

God
HSC
Hi,
I just found out that there is a prerequisite of Maths Extension 1 for comp. sci. engineering in UNSW and well, I did Ext 1 in yr 11 and dropped it in yr 12 because it was 1 unit and now I am really really regretting dropping it.
Is there any way I could get in without that like a course or sth which I could do or maybe get in software engineering and then transfer?
Thanks
afaik unsw doesnt have prerequisites

ext 1 is assumed knowledge but u can make up for it with a bridging course or smth like that

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Unlike USyd, UNSW does not set prerequisites for its degrees (as mentioned above), although it does inform applicants of which subjects are considered as assumed knowledge (where applicable), which is also the case of the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Bachelor of Science (Computer Science). This means that the knowledge that you would have gained by taking Mathematics Extension 1 would be beneficial in terms of staying up to date with relevant content taught and would allow you to avoid falling behind. However, this does not mean that having this knowledge is compulsory and this will consequently not affect your chances of receiving an offer to study this program.

In terms of the assumed knowledge itself, i.e. if you wish to gain knowledge relevant to Mathematics Extension 1 before you commence your degree, you can do so by completing UNSW's Mathematics Bridging Course, which is designed to prepare you for entry into university programs that require first-year maths.

More information about this bridging course can be accessed using the following link:

I hope this helps! :D

Johnny Sins

HSC
Im pretty sure in UNSW you can take an easier math course that basically gets weaker math students on par with the main math course. They basically learn the easier math course throughout the year and do an additional holiday class to fully prepare them for second year maths. The easier math course is called MATH1011 Fundamentals of Mathematics B, and the main one taught in engineering degrees is MATH1131 Mathematics 1A. Heres the page where u get the info if it helps: https://www.science.unsw.edu.au/study-us/undergraduate/bridging-courses/mathematics-bridging-course

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Hi,
Thanks
im pre sure u can do USYDs bridging course even if ur not studying in uni next yr, its starting at Jan 17th if im not wrong, u should be able to sign up but its like 320 dollars so up to ur discretion. I'd just study from an ext 1 book and see how it goes from there, the good thing is its at your own pace so you don't have a time pressure or order to follow when studying.

nzexperiment

HSC
im pre sure u can do USYDs bridging course even if ur not studying in uni next yr, its starting at Jan 17th if im not wrong, u should be able to sign up but its like 320 dollars so up to ur discretion. I'd just study from an ext 1 book and see how it goes from there, the good thing is its at your own pace so you don't have a time pressure or order to follow when studying.
yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)