Has anyone made a comeback after half yearlies to achieve their atar goal? (1 Viewer)

Akshara Patil

HSC
Kinda aiming for 99, but currently feel like might be short of it. Has anyone made a leap after slumber form in T1 and T2 to finish strong? Need motivation!!!

qwertywerido

HSC
omg yes.

K I did accelerated math...not sure if I was chosen to do accelerated math because of my math ability or just because of the fact that they needed one more person to make a class.

So. T1 + T2 assessment straight up, I got 56% both times. T3 assessment (it was an assignment) 75% and in Trials 80%. I went from ranking in the bottom 25% to getting the 5th highest mark in trials. Got a result in the high band 5.

So, yeah, you can make a comeback.

(p.s my school is ranked in the 150ish)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Kinda aiming for 99, but currently feel like might be short of it. Has anyone made a leap after slumber form in T1 and T2 to finish strong? Need motivation!!!
In english speech I got like 11/20 then half yearlies 17/30 so I was nearly last out of 35ish people, but decided to adapt how I was approaching the exams and ended up memorising quotes instead of essays, then did really well in the next assessments/trials (we had 3 trials) and ended up 5th or 6th I forgot.

But basically when I got the 11/20 I kept entering marks in the ATAR calculator and entering low band 5s for english or high band 4s and even considered dropping to standard LMAO but ended up working out in the end. Went from thinking there's no way I'm getting a 99 ATAR due to english, to being dux, just try ur best.

ekjchale#1

HSC
In english speech I got like 11/20 then half yearlies 17/30 so I was nearly last out of 35ish people, but decided to adapt how I was approaching the exams and ended up memorising quotes instead of essays, then did really well in the next assessments/trials (we had 3 trials) and ended up 5th or 6th I forgot.

But basically when I got the 11/20 I kept entering marks in the ATAR calculator and entering low band 5s for english or high band 4s and even considered dropping to standard LMAO but ended up working out in the end. Went from thinking there's no way I'm getting a 99 ATAR due to english, to being dux, just try ur best.
damn thats actually quite good and motivating ngl

lolzlolz

HSC
omg yes.

K I did accelerated math...not sure if I was chosen to do accelerated math because of my math ability or just because of the fact that they needed one more person to make a class.

So. T1 + T2 assessment straight up, I got 56% both times. T3 assessment (it was an assignment) 75% and in Trials 80%. I went from ranking in the bottom 25% to getting the 5th highest mark in trials. Got a result in the high band 5.

HOW DID U DO IT!!!!

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
omg yes.

wait... do u go bonnyrigg?

Vall

HSC
One of my friends got 65% (i.e. bad) in our first maths test and got 100% (i.e. insane) in this last maths test (3U btw)

d1zzyohs

HSC
top tip for english
treat it like maths. what do you do in maths? solve as many questions
stop annotating your texts with a bunch of rainbow highlighters and 600000 colours when you aren't going to use any of it.
get a few good quotes, analyse for like a day; then write a to ton of essay questions which vary.
guaranteed 18-20/20 (maybe not guaranteed), it's worked for me, and the friends i've recommended this strategy to

high school english isn't as profound as some of your teachers make it out to be, even module b... just sound like smarter

anyways - good luck on your rebound

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)