transferring for year 11 (1 Viewer)

Deem_Skills

HSC
I am trying out for a placement in 2023 at year 11 at Normanhurst boys high school.

Could anyone help me in understanding how the english and math tests are laid out and maybe even give me some odds of getting in.

I currently attend a fully selective high school (Gosford high school) and as for achievements, I have achieved 5 As (A for all the core subjects) and 3 Bs i my year 10 half-yearly and only got 1 A and the rest B for my year 9 yearly report. I ranked first in grade for our 5.3 math classes (non accelerated) and am fairly mediocre at english at my school.

I'm mostly worried about my extra cirriculars and how they would affect my application. So far, I really only play tennis as an extracurricular. Would this affect my application heavily?

Thanks

bokchoymaster69

HSC
idk, bro, just go for it, like motivational for you, like itll be good for ur studies, all boys school however, so you'll be gay, idk, seems kinda mid in all honesty, but like it is a higher ranking school so, yknow, the better, but like school is school, i dont matter, as long as ur smart bro.

kkk579

hello
HSC
I am trying out for a placement in 2023 at year 11 at Normanhurst boys high school.

Could anyone help me in understanding how the english and math tests are laid out and maybe even give me some odds of getting in.

I currently attend a fully selective high school (Gosford high school) and as for achievements, I have achieved 5 As (A for all the core subjects) and 3 Bs i my year 10 half-yearly and only got 1 A and the rest B for my year 9 yearly report. I ranked first in grade for our 5.3 math classes (non accelerated) and am fairly mediocre at english at my school.

I'm mostly worried about my extra cirriculars and how they would affect my application. So far, I really only play tennis as an extracurricular. Would this affect my application heavily?

Thanks
if u do well in the test(if they have one) you’ll get in. schools that have tests mainly care about the test results so make sure to do well in that. extra curriculars don’t matter much but having some definitely do supplement ur application and make u look more attractive as an applicant overall. also depends on the no of vacancies in the school. maybe try for nsb too if it’s close to ur home?? i have done some yr9 normanhurst boys math tests and it’s not hard at all so if u want a challenge maybe try and see if u can get into north syd

Deem_Skills

HSC
if u do well in the test(if they have one) you’ll get in. schools that have tests mainly care about the test results so make sure to do well in that. extra curriculars don’t matter much but having some definitely do supplement ur application and make u look more attractive as an applicant overall. also depends on the no of vacancies in the school. maybe try for nsb too if it’s close to ur home?? i have done some yr9 normanhurst boys math tests and it’s not hard at all so if u want a challenge maybe try and see if u can get into north syd
Thank you. I also applied for ruse but if I get in I'm probably not going to go because I live like an hour and a half away by train. Mostly just seeing if I have the capacity to actually get in or not. I'll probably apply for NSB too just to also see if I'm capable of getting in and also for a challenge I guess. Also, does NSB have their own tests kinda like Normanhurst or do they use HAST or edutest?

wzsmartypants

HSC
Thank you. I also applied for ruse but if I get in I'm probably not going to go because I live like an hour and a half away by train. Mostly just seeing if I have the capacity to actually get in or not. I'll probably apply for NSB too just to also see if I'm capable of getting in and also for a challenge I guess. Also, does NSB have their own tests kinda like Normanhurst or do they use HAST or edutest?
NSB make their own tests

kkk579

hello
HSC
not sure bcuz i’ve never done it(i’m a female) but u can check on their website

kkk579

hello
HSC
do u live around gosford?? take into account that gosford to normanhurst is around 1hr and 20minutes by train

Deem_Skills

HSC
do u live around gosford?? take into account that gosford to normanhurst is around 1hr and 20minutes by train
Yeah I live quite close to Gosford station. I have some friends that go to normanhurst (which mainly act as the catalyst for me actually wanting to go to normanhurst) who would catch the same train with me, but they told me it's usually about 1 hour from the station to the high school and at most like 1 hour 15 minutes

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
Yeah I live quite close to Gosford station. I have some friends that go to normanhurst (which mainly act as the catalyst for me actually wanting to go to normanhurst) who would catch the same train with me, but they told me it's usually about 1 hour from the station to the high school and at most like 1 hour 15 minutes
why don't u try out for Gosford high?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)