Is 3U math enough to get a really good ATAR (1 Viewer)

HSC
I recently found out that i did not make it into 4U math at my school (ranked around 20). I've been pretty bummed about because i know i can do it but i feel like i didn't take year 11 as seriously as i should have and i really messed up my first 3U task which resulted in my rank being extremely low and to climb back up after that was a challenge.
I want to get into medicine and therefore require a high atar however i have been lowk freaking out if whether this was one of the last opportunities i had to succeed but i messed up. Is 3U math sufficient enough to get a high atar. Is there anyone who has done just 3u and gotten a good atar.
I have heard that the extension 1, being 1 unit, doesn't count separately as a subject instead goes and boosts your weakest subject. Is this true and how beneficial is it?

Thanks,

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Is 3U math sufficient enough to get a high atar. Is there anyone who has done just 3u and gotten a good atar.
Lots of people have done just 3u and gotten good atars, especially in high-ranked schools like yours (lots of top schools set hard cut offs for Ext 2, especially selective schools). Just work hard and aim for the highest bands you can achieve in all your subjects. (I assume this means you will be completing 11 units?)

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
You can get into med with any combination of subjects. Just need to rank 1st and get 99+ in externals lol.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I recently found out that i did not make it into 4U math at my school (ranked around 20). I've been pretty bummed about because i know i can do it but i feel like i didn't take year 11 as seriously as i should have and i really messed up my first 3U task which resulted in my rank being extremely low and to climb back up after that was a challenge.
I want to get into medicine and therefore require a high atar however i have been lowk freaking out if whether this was one of the last opportunities i had to succeed but i messed up. Is 3U math sufficient enough to get a high atar. Is there anyone who has done just 3u and gotten a good atar.
I have heard that the extension 1, being 1 unit, doesn't count separately as a subject instead goes and boosts your weakest subject. Is this true and how beneficial is it?

Thanks,
Maybe try ask your school if u can do 4U maths if you're confident, because I'm not 100% sure if a school can force a student not to do a subject.

The reason 4U is good is that it makes ur 3U maths into 2 units, and imo 3U was easier than 2U maths (got 97 in 2u, 99 in 3U) so it's pretty good. But only do it if you're confident in 4U since that's pretty hard.

HSC
Maybe try ask your school if u can do 4U maths if you're confident, because I'm not 100% sure if a school can force a student not to do a subject.
I would but they said that all the classes are full (3 classes with 66 people in total)

Vall

HSC
Maybe speak to people in your grade and try to find someone who isn’t 100% sure about 4U and get them to drop so then you can do it?

Vall

HSC
well the term is alr over so i dont really know if i can still ask
I would email them in the holidays and then first day back to school go speak to maths head teacher / year advisor / deputy principal / someone important. Cause missing one lesson of 4U is fine but it very quickly becomes near impossible to catchup.
Or dont do that and just stick with 3U. At the end of the day your gonna be fine either way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)