Selective School interviews: (1 Viewer)

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
what were ur hast results??
Mine were pretty good. I got top 10% for maths but it was more of a top 5%, for reading it was top 15%, for writing and abstract reasoning I bombed them somehow, especially abstract. I got the top 50% for both which is average. For abstract, I was surprised that I did the worst because I believe I did the best in the abstract on the day, but it probs mean others did better since it was an easy test, and if everyone did very well it would have been hard to be in the top 10 or even 15%

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
Mine were pretty good. I got top 10% for maths but it was more of a top 5%, for reading it was top 15%, for writing and abstract reasoning I bombed them somehow, especially abstract. I got the top 50% for both which is average. For abstract, I was surprised that I did the worst because I believe I did the best in the abstract on the day, but it probs mean others did better since it was an easy test, and if everyone did very well it would have been hard to be in the top 10 or even 15%
I ended up getting top 15% overall though

kkk579

hello
HSC
shouldnt girra have at least sent me my hast results by now tho? or do they send it with the interview rejection/offer

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
i believe that reserve lists are usually 20 ppl, i heard this from some other thread so dont fact check me here
You sure, 20 people, that's way too much to put on reserve. I believe it is the number of people they accepted plus a few more for their reserves , and approx 5-10 are given straight acceptances. So shouldn't there be approx 10-15 reserves at max?

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
dude legit so similar u did real good for math tho props to that, I got like top 20% for reading and i bombed abstract especially, i think i got top 40% for that

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
You sure, 20 people, that's way too much to put on reserve. I believe it is the number of people they accepted plus a few more for their reserves , and approx 5-10 are given straight acceptances. So shouldn't there be approx 10-15 reserves at max?
well im not completely sure but I do remember seeing some ppl on bos say around 20 ppl the lower the better tho

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
I remember for year 11 entry into Penrith there were 77 people as the woman collected the booklets she was counting. And year 7 trying to get into year 8 was hectic

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
yep girra had like 100-150 ppl for year 10 2023 entry
and other years were even more. year 8 entry had to be at least 200 ppl lol
and also u gotta consider ppl who did the test in other schools and had girra as 2nd or 3rd placement

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
we just gotta pray ppl leave the school now, but from what my friends said, an average of like 4 ppl do leave hurlstone to go to a higher school or just bc of moving houses
yes, and we hope the people that got accepted get accepted into higher schools as well, so we get in, wish you guys the best of luck for the rest of the year and term 1 next year, hope everyone gets what they worked hard for. Its been a journey throughout this whole year especially after covid this year was fairly normal lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)