bruh (1 Viewer)

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
like r there specific methods or techniques for knowing the exact steps to get to ur desired stage?
You gotta be specific here
Are you talking like generic proofs which involve just demonstrating why x is y (e.g Prove: cos^-1(x)+sin^-1(x)=pi/4)
Or something like proof by induction or deduction or contradiction, etc.

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
yeah general proofs
When proving things w lhs and rhs:
LHS= .....
=....
=.....= RHS
When proving things that dont have a lhs or rhs,
find what they want you want to prove, and then state 'therefore zxy is ...., (QED)/as required:' maybe below or somewhere in the working.

You can only get better at these through practice. It usually depends on the question on how you approach it.

yanujw

HSC
why is the hsc copying cambridge
As if Cambridge doesn't copy the HSC lol. Lots of the difficult complex number, integration, mechanics etc. questions in the cambridge book are from past HSCs, mostly from the ends of the pre-2000 exams so students never notice. This is why the current cambridge book doesn't really have very advanced questions for vectors or the expo form of complex numbers (both are new topics)

kkk579

hello
HSC
When proving things w lhs and rhs:
LHS= .....
=....
=.....= RHS
When proving things that dont have a lhs or rhs,
find what they want you want to prove, and then state 'therefore zxy is ...., (QED)/as required:' maybe below or somewhere in the working.
nono it’s not how to set out proofs it’s more like for some qs i just keep testing shut out till i get to the final thing and it feels like i’m just doing trial and error atp which is annoying

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
nono it’s not how to set out proofs it’s more like for some qs i just keep testing shut out till i get to the final thing and it feels like i’m just doing trial and error atp which is annoying
im pre sure thats the question itself. If you're doing trial and error, maybe you forgot something important in the content to help you solve it? Personally, I can't recall doing proofs for yr 11 ex1 using trial and error (but then again, u spec people probs already finished the whole syllabus by now 💀 )

What topic is this on?

kkk579

hello
HSC
im pre sure thats the question itself. If you're doing trial and error, maybe you forgot something important in the content to help you solve it? Personally, I can't recall doing proofs for yr 11 ex1 using trial and error (but then again, u spec people probs already finished the whole syllabus by now 💀 )
LMAOno we havent. I’m not talking abt proofs in y11 ext 1 i’m just talking about any topic where the qs needs to prove shit in general(especially when it’s one of those qs where the info given is so discrete and u need extra hard problem solving thinking shit to do it where if u don’t spot one tiny thing ull never be able to do the q)

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
LMAOno we havent. I’m not talking abt proofs in y11 ext 1 i’m just talking about any topic where the qs needs to prove shit in general(especially when it’s one of those qs where the info given is so discrete and u need extra hard problem solving thinking shit to do it where if u don’t spot one tiny thing ull never be able to do the q)
well yea, but theres many ways you can approach proof qns so it doesnt neccessarily just depend on 'spotting one tiny thing'.

You'll see heaps in the ex1 course, they pretty much 90% of the time free marks

Theres no specific technique tht will just magically give you the desired answer

Last edited:

synthesisFR

HSC
As if Cambridge doesn't copy the HSC lol. Lots of the difficult complex number, integration, mechanics etc. questions in the cambridge book are from past HSCs, mostly from the ends of the pre-2000 exams so students never notice. This is why the current cambridge book doesn't really have very advanced questions for vectors or the expo form of complex numbers (both are new topics)
yeah but the HSC taking questions from a textbook is next level,
like the hsc itself talking questions from textbooks is just not the same

carrotsss

HSC
idk it’s just a sorta intuition eventually, if you do enough proofs you’ll just kinda know how ur gonna prove it, most of the time they are a sorta easier question to set you up for the harder final part of the question. You also have to make sure you know all of your identities really well

synthesisFR

HSC
@carrotsss so for the hsc one for part a would u have to do the contradiction thing or could u just explain that if they different components, and not parallel then each component is equal to zero so u and v is = 0. Cuz like for questions that apply this knowledge thats what we just do right without thinking, but this is asking us to show its true instead so its wierd cuz its so obvious- so it makes sense to use contradiction for these stuff and i was also taught that- but like could u just explain that instead instead of writing a proof

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)