Multiple state ranks?!? Asking the class of 2020 (1 Viewer)

s97127

HSC
this is actually creepy levels of simping.

ngl, if there was a secret other than handwork to getting good, i would expect a lot more people to be getting better results.
i do follow Australian Olympiad teams so i recognized her name on SMH straightaway. What amazed me is she also got state rank in English Adv.

s97127

HSC
After digging around a bit, I've noticed many state rankers "two-time" tutoring centres i.e. going two places for a single subject. I hesitate to suggest this to my juniors who hope to get a high ATAR. It's expensive and certainly quite damaging to students' health as they become stressed so early on.
Ngo and sons has just released their HSC 2020 results and i can see quite a few people went to both tutoring centres for the same subject. I think they just go there for the resources.

s97127

HSC
Ngo and sons has just released their HSC 2020 results and i can see quite a few people went to both tutoring centres for the same subject. I think they just go there for the resources.

Peak has also published their HSC results:

So Alex Phan (1st state rank in 4U) went to Dr Du and Ngo and sons for math, Zhang, Peak and Ngo and sons for both Physics and Chemistry. I want his resources :)

s97127

HSC
i still do not know why someone needs to go to more than one tutoring centre for a subject. They can share resources with another student and save time/money right?

idkkdi

HSC
i still do not know why someone needs to go to more than one tutoring centre for a subject. They can share resources with another student and save time/money right?
illegal. resources are useless without a teacher if they have no answers(preferably as an autodidact you would need worked answers for hard q's) lol.

s97127

HSC
illegal. resources are useless without a teacher if they have no answers(preferably as an autodidact you would need worked answers for hard q's) lol.
if they were useless then coaching colleges would not make it illegal to share resources. I think the main reason is students do not want to study together. I know it's illegal but nobody would know if they want to share it.

idkkdi

HSC
if they were useless then coaching colleges would not make it illegal to share resources. I think the main reason is students do not want to study together. I know it's illegal but nobody would know if they want to share it.
sure you could get uses out of it.
but frankly doing problems that aren't marked by someone who knows their stuff or doesnt have worked solutions/somewhat full solutions is very bad for your average student who cannot solve enrichment level problems without spending unreasonable hours.

Last edited:

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Bro i forgot this thread existed ngl. Although I'm still bamboozled how these people managed their time so well πŸ’€ like the amount of hw you get from certain tutors oml πŸ’€
idk must just be me.

SmolBrain

HSC
words i'd never thought i'd ever hear
congrats !!

i'm pretty sure the only tutoring she got would've been for olympiad stuff
its rare for someone with such academic success to not recieve tution, shes probably really good at self studying or she just goes to a private tutoring that doesnt openly showcase her exam marks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)