organic chem shape of molecules (1 Viewer)

indeed

HSC
Jus look at how many atoms each carbon is bonded to and state the shape so like the first one is tetrahedral bc it’s bonded to four atoms which u learned in y11 vespr theory that they spread out as far as possible resulting in that shape
Oh ok
1689217846267.png
Would this be right?

(and no need for sigma bonds pi bonds knowledge right?)

Thanks

nsw..wollongong

😍😍
HSC
is this in the syllabus? i got told that we're not tested on the geometry and angle of molecules in the hsc

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
is this in the syllabus? i got told that we're not tested on the geometry and angle of molecules in the hsc
yea it falls under the chem dotpoint i don't remember it completely but it says that you need to know the shape of the molecules formed b/w carbon atoms depending on the bond that's formed and that encompasses the geometry and angle of the molecules
but sigma bonds and pi bonds are 100% not in the syllabus they're too confusing anyways

nsw..wollongong

😍😍
HSC
yea it falls under the chem dotpoint i don't remember it completely but it says that you need to know the shape of the molecules formed b/w carbon atoms depending on the bond that's formed and that encompasses the geometry and angle of the molecules
but sigma bonds and pi bonds are 100% not in the syllabus they're too confusing anyways
ISTFG IM MOVING SCHOOLS my teacher assured us that none of this is relevant to the hsc wtf 😭

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)