private or selective school? (2 Viewers)

oot123

HSC
N/A
is it better to go to a top 10-20ish selective school or a top 20ish private school with a few state rankers each year and 99+ atars each year?

is it better to have better teachers or a "smarter" cohort? what subjects need really good teachers?

this is for entering yr 11 btw

ZakaryJayNicholls

HSC
Uni Grad
is it better to go to a top 10-20ish selective school or a top 20ish private school with a few state rankers each year and 99+ atars each year?

is it better to have better teachers or a "smarter" cohort? what subjects need really good teachers?

this is for entering yr 11 btw
Good teachers is really the main thing which matters. Really good teachers will have their classes getting 90+ averages in their subjects.

If you’re doing any STEM subjects and you have shit teachers, you’re guaranteed to do poorly (even if you have a good tutor/tutors). High quality, and highly knowledgeable, teachers are the top resource when it comes to learning.

carrotsss

HSC
If you’re doing any STEM subjects and you have shit teachers, you’re guaranteed to do poorly (even if you have a good tutor/tutors). High quality, and highly knowledgeable, teachers are the top resource when it comes to learning.
I would disagree, I feel like your teacher matters a lot less for STEM subjects because there are just so many resources - it’s very easy to self learn the maths courses with YouTube for instance

nsw..wollongong

😍😍
HSC
I would disagree, I feel like your teacher matters a lot less for STEM subjects because there are just so many resources - it’s very easy to self learn the maths courses with YouTube for instance
idkkk i mean I'm thinking abt my stem teachers and i reckon id understand the content much more if they actually taught well

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
idkkk i mean I'm thinking abt my stem teachers and i reckon id understand the content much more if they actually taught well
I agree with this. This is also especially important for the hsie subjects like economics.

but to
i would not say it matter to much as there will be same group of people in both schools (highly motivated etc), but I would go private if i had to choose

howcanibesmarter

HSC
if your parents are willing to pay for you to go to a private school, then I would say its better. However, you can still do badly in a private school, and similarly with a "smarter cohort". I feel like private schools offer a lot of subjects, and seem to do quite well in like languages, and hsie subjects. Selective schools usually stick with the most popular ones, so expect a lot of people to do like maths and sciences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)