quotes (3 Viewers)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
How many quotes memorised for each module? Or how many per essay if memorising essay?
for common module and mod b: 3 per paragraph. so 9 in total for each.
for mod a: 3 per paragraph. i have 4 paragraphs, 2 on one text 2 on the other - so it's 12 in total.
for mod c: 3 for the reflection (1 structural, 2 literary).

that's like 24 quotes in total?? it's the bare bones bc i cba to memorise more outside my essay + 90% of the time u can mould the analysis of ur quotes to fit the essay q anyway

synthesisFR

HSC
for common module and mod b: 3 per paragraph. so 9 in total for each.
for mod a: 3 per paragraph. i have 4 paragraphs, 2 on one text 2 on the other - so it's 12 in total.
for mod c: 3 for the reflection (1 structural, 2 literary).

that's like 24 quotes in total?? it's the bare bones bc i cba to memorise more outside my essay + 90% of the time u can mould the analysis of ur quotes to fit the essay q anyway
EXACTLY how tf r people even writing essays with 18-20 quotes like it must be so shallow lmfao

breadcrumbs

HSC
ive been taught by my school to write 2 body paragraphs for all the modules (except mod c)
so common; 3 per para (6 total)
mod a; 2 pairs of examples per para (8 total)
mod b; i have 3 quotes memorised for each of eliots poems so like 15, but 6 in the final essay
mod c; i have like 3 quotes from one of my texts that i find are really versatile and fit with basically anything

washi-tape

HSC
How many quotes memorised for each module? Or how many per essay if memorising essay?
8-12 per module is a good number (according to teachers and past hsc band 6 students). Not too sure about them if you're doing poems though. Idk how some people are remembering like 20 quotes per module. Module C is even less, maybe like 5 quotes from your texts just in case there's a reflection

MJRey

HSC
Stick to 3-4 quotes per paragraph, 9-10 or so quotes per essay for EVERY module. How the hell can you analyse effectively with so many quotes??? And I know I'm repeating myself from other threads, but I have to... DON'T MEMORISE PRE-PREPARED ESSAYS. It's the biggest English death-trap imaginable yet so many people do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)