Progress Logbook (NO OFF TOPIC PLS) (17 Viewers)

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
u guys get dux after atar releases? my schools already got dux and all the awards handed out lol at graduation
How do you know who will get highest atar before atars come out lol. What do they base dux on at your school?

We get nothing at out graduation, we get all awards (apart from dux) at the formal in November, after HSC exams have done so we can actually celebrate

nsw..wollongong

😍😍
HSC
Hahaha I get that two people last year got a 96 (dux) and everyone at the school was going crazy about it. They were on track for 99s based on my experience with them but gave up after getting mf ANU early entry
but like its pretty high compared to other schools' dux

nsw..wollongong

😍😍
HSC
How do you know who will get highest atar before atars come out lol. What do they base dux on at your school?

We get nothing at out graduation, we get all awards (apart from dux) at the formal in November, after HSC exams have done so we can actually celebrate
nah its based on highest achiever from internals

synthesisFR

HSC

its just based on our ranking system i think. so like 1st 2nd etc each place upto a certain point has a specific amount of points (and some subjects like ext i think may award more points) and also depending on the amount of people who do the course im pre sure, and they tally up the points to get like dux, 2nd in y12, notable achievement etc

carrotsss

HSC
its just based on our ranking system i think. so like 1st 2nd etc each place upto a certain point has a specific amount of points (and some subjects like ext i think may award more points) and also depending on the amount of people who do the course im pre sure, and they tally up the points to get like dux, 2nd in y12, notable achievement etc
but like that’s still stupid because I doubt it accounts for scaling etc

synthesisFR

HSC
fair but dux is usually one the top atars in the grade anyways. plus when else r u meant to get the award if not before leaving schoo.

synthesisFR

HSC
yeah i but whos bothered going to school next year after gradauting just to get an award
idk maybe dux is a big thing idrc

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
Our dux is the only person who goes back but half the time they aren't bothered so don't even get the award in a ceremony lmao so maybe your school's way is better. I wouldn't have got it tho because theres someone who is 1st in all subjects (all hsie shit) so im glad they do it atar way so im likely to get it

nsw..wollongong

😍😍
HSC
Our dux is the only person who goes back but half the time they aren't bothered so don't even get the award in a ceremony lmao so maybe your school's way is better. I wouldn't have got it tho because theres someone who is 1st in all subjects (all hsie shit) so im glad they do it atar way so im likely to get it
woah buddy lets calm down just a tad

scaryshark09

βˆžβˆ† who let 'em cook dis long βˆ†βˆž
HSC
they gave out over 100 awards at our graduation (i didnt get any :() and then they announce the dux at an assembly at the beginning of next year, along with everyone else who gets 90+ atar.
for some reason this year at gradution, they announced the top 6 people in our cohort, and 1 of them will be dux they said

scaryshark09

HSC
although we dont have anyone super strong this year so i reckon all those 6 people will get around 99.4-98.8 idk
im hoping for 98 minimum myself, but i need close to 99 to get into UNSW, and i need 99 for a scholarship at macquarie

nsw..wollongong

😍😍
HSC
lmao, i wasnt one of the 6 people
dux at my school is usually 99.95 or very close to it so it doesn't matter anyway
no i mean like it doesn't have to be the top 6 no one knows how they're gonna do in 2 weeks
99.95??? BRUH THE HIGHEST AT MINE WAS 94 KMS ull do fine everyone's gonna pull each other up

scaryshark09

HSC
no i mean like it doesn't have to be the top 6 no one knows how they're gonna do in 2 weeks
99.95??? BRUH THE HIGHEST AT MINE WAS 94 KMS ull do fine bruh everyone's gonna pull each other up
haha well it definetly will be one of those 6
with my 91.5 in engo counting, the only way i can get 99.95 is if i get 99 in every subject this year including 4u math. and thats impossible with my internals.
i think im capped at around 99.4 with my internals and engo. but i wont get near that, that like absolute best with amazing externals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)