Physics Predictions/Thoughts (2 Viewers)

carrotsss

HSC
Sure !

So basically the definition of the ampere is "A constant current magnitude which when flowing in 2 parallel conductors of infinite length, of negligible cross sectional area and placed 1 m apart, would produce a force of 2*10^-7 N/m between these conductors"

Its just linked to newtons third law because the magnitude of the force experienced by both conductors is the same. Thats pretty much it
cheers I remember that now

Trippzy

HSC
Sure !

So basically the definition of the ampere is "A constant current magnitude which when flowing in 2 parallel conductors of infinite length, of negligible cross sectional area and placed 1 m apart, would produce a force of 2*10^-7 N/m between these conductors"

Its just linked to newtons third law because the magnitude of the force experienced by both conductors is the same. Thats pretty much it
wait so the science ready definition is wrong??

abelsj01

HSC
does anyone recognise this formula: "ε = 2πfnBA"? it's the formula for the max emf in a dc motor but im not sure if we'd need it although i learnt it earlier in the year

CamdenCeccato

HSC
does anyone recognise this formula: "ε = 2πfnBA"? it's the formula for the max emf in a dc motor but im not sure if we'd need it although i learnt it earlier in the year
where did you get this from

abelsj01

HSC
how likely is a short answer ac induction motor question for this yrs paper

ms_grape_taco

HSC
is it likely to be hard coz of calculations or coz hard theory?

What are some examples of "hard theory" q's?

carrotsss

HSC
is it likely to be hard coz of calculations or coz hard theory?

What are some examples of "hard theory" q's?
I would say calculations hard given the exams have been quite clearly moving in that direction

Imo theory hard is harder through since most phys maths is pretty simple, whereas theory hard is usually just big mark questions where a super thorough explanation is required which are a lot easier to lose one or two marks on. At least in my class who mostly don’t try at all, most people can do the calculations whereas barely anyone can keep up with all the content knowledge required for those long responses

Trippzy

HSC
where can i find the new definition he gave
in the same vid science ready posted. he says it after saying the old one. the new is something like: a current of one ampere is one coloumb of charge passing through a given point in time

ms_grape_taco

HSC
I would say calculations hard given the exams have been quite clearly moving in that direction

Imo theory hard is harder through since most phys maths is pretty simple, whereas theory hard is usually just big mark questions where a super thorough explanation is required which are a lot easier to lose one or two marks on. At least in my class who mostly don’t try at all, most people can do the calculations whereas barely anyone can keep up with all the content knowledge required for those long responses
yeah that's fair - so similar to chemistry this year? or chem last year?

anyway to get better at calculations?

Trippzy

HSC

do u reckon there will be an even split between calcs and theory? or will 1 dominate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)