Bio- PDHPE (2 Viewers)

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
bios pretty ez its just memorising, so if you're struggling w bio you'll probs struggle more with the other sciences
I find the memorisation way harder as it takes much more effort, as a result I'm way better at chemistry which requires less study for me. (72% in bio prelims vs 90% in chem)

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
@alanainpain06 @harperissleepy I might actually go through the bio notif properly and "translate it" we can probably guess what a bunch of the questions will be like as there's only 7 dot points 💀

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
which dot points
Reproduction
Inquiry question (IQ1): How does reproduction ensure the continuity of a species?
1. explain the mechanisms of reproduction that ensure the continuity of a species, by analysing sexual and
asexual methods of reproduction in a variety of organisms, including but not limited to:

● animals: advantages of external and internal fertilisation
● plants: asexual and sexual reproduction
● fungi: budding, spores
● bacteria: binary fission
● protists: binary fission, budding
2. analyse the features of fertilisation, implantation and hormonal control of pregnancy and birth in
mammals.

3. evaluate the impact of scientific knowledge on the manipulation of plant and animal reproduction in
agriculture.

Cell Replication
Inquiry question (IQ2): How important is it for genetic material to be replicated exactly?

1. model the processes involved in cell replication, including but not limited to:
● mitosis
● DNA replication using the Watson and Crick DNA model, including nucleoƟde composiƟon, pairing
and bonding
2. assess the effect of the cell replication processes on the continuity of species

DNA and Polypeptide Synthesis
Inquiry question (IQ3): Why is polypeptide synthesis important?

1. construct appropriate representations to model and compare the forms in which DNA exists in eukaryotes and
prokaryotes

Genetic Variation
Inquiry question (IQ4): How can the genetic similarities and differences within and between species be
compared?

1. conduct practical investigations to predict variations in the genotype of offspring by modelling meiosis,
including the crossing over of homologous chromosomes, fertilisation and mutations

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
there's certain stuff that the teacher has focused way more of too and some that we've done nothing of. Like the impact of scientific knowledge on the manipulation of plant and animal reproduction in agriculture we did not do that in class lmao

harperissleepy

HSC
there's certain stuff that the teacher has focused way more of too and some that we've done nothing of. Like the impact of scientific knowledge on the manipulation of plant and animal reproduction in agriculture we did not do that in class lmao
i dont think we'll have many questions on that, but id say they mostly mean artificial pollination or whatever its called

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
best one no cap

unforgettable

HSC
They said easier for bio; dont think u understood me
Bio is easier, chem and phsyics are concept based. Everyones different though, but in my experience even though bio sometimes took more of my time it was easier to get better marks in since it was all memorisation, for chem and physic tests you have to apply your knowledge more into the question, bios just draining.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)