2024 HSC Chat (24 Viewers)

Sadoplop1

Banned
HSC
N/A
I see you are the all getting the ready for the results that come up soon. It will be the fun for the things so the that are you so that good things happen 😁

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
I see you are the all getting the ready for the results that come up soon. It will be fun for the things that are you so that good things happen 😁
strokes when were text by transmittable? when were strokes transmittable by text?

carrotsss

HSC
that's a ridiculous amount- just have a life and take a break for the last time in over a year
I don’t regret doing it, it made the rest of my year so much more chill and I still got plenty of break in my summer holidays 🤷‍♂️

stevie444

HSC
I don’t regret doing it, it made the rest of my year so much more chill and I still got plenty of break in my summer holidays 🤷‍♂️
Ok but I was lazy af in terms of schoolwork until the last 2 weeks and ended up doing fine anyway either way if u work hard for the rest of the year in my opinion any study over the summer becomes less relevant in comparison. September study will be worth like 5-10x the amount of January study in terms of end results and as long as you aren't severely behind on term 4 content youll be fine - or at least I was

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
that's a ridiculous amount- just have a life and take a break for the last time in over a year
yeah you don't need to, my friend is crazy smart and was pretty chill studying the rest of year 12 and she barely studied during the summer break. she went on a whole vacation overseas for most of the holidays too and did better than most of the grade that just grinded during that holidays. so for 2024s just do what you feel what's best for you. personally i only went a bit ahead by a term and didn't bother going too ahead because it'd just be too stressful for me and i kinda wasn't bothered

oml

HSC
Smart people @AsuTeksu @souli @Ksalu @yolo tengo @xoNat

What study r y’all doing over the holidays. R u setting a goal 4 each day/week or doing it serendipitously
As a year 10 student I feel very alienated and isolated, I'm feeling a sense of displacement but its ok though cause we're going to top the HSC !!!

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
So I’ve devised my holiday study plan, starting Monday: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ouid=108787009400839789213&rtpof=true&sd=true.

What do y’all think of it. The most ambitious thing is definitely the mx2 unit a day, which will probs take up abt 2-3 hrs of each day, especially with me teaching myself the content. The idea behind this was to get maths out of the way and done so I can start the hsc year doing practise papers. I of course blocked two weeks out just to study for my immanent upcoming test. For eco I’m doing a similar thing where I hope to write my study notes for the term. And religion, English and modern are a bit of afterthought cause I’ve already been tested for them last term, and cause they’re easy subjects that work well starting the study in the lead up to the test. Anyway, what do y’all think? Too ambitious? Not ambitious enough? Did I miss anything glaringly?

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
Also my school starts eco at topic 3, then goes to 4, then 1, then 2. Ik it’s kind of weird but I’m gonna roll with it anyway.

stevie444

HSC
So I’ve devised my holiday study plan, starting Monday: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ouid=108787009400839789213&rtpof=true&sd=true.

What do y’all think of it. The most ambitious thing is definitely the mx2 unit a day, which will probs take up abt 2-3 hrs of each day, especially with me teaching myself the content. The idea behind this was to get maths out of the way and done so I can start the hsc year doing practise papers. I of course blocked two weeks out just to study for my immanent upcoming test. For eco I’m doing a similar thing where I hope to write my study notes for the term. And religion, English and modern are a bit of afterthought cause I’ve already been tested for them last term, and cause they’re easy subjects that work well starting the study in the lead up to the test. Anyway, what do y’all think? Too ambitious? Not ambitious enough? Did I miss anything glaringly?
This is a psychotic amount of study for the summer holidays. If you even attempt this YOU WILL GET BURNT OUT before the term starts.

If you plan to achieve something even close to this (which I think is insanely ill-advised), some suggestions:
- You should have way more rest days of doing nothing- the weekends, time between christmas and new year, time just after term 4 ends and time just before term 1 starts
- It's a waste of time to do the whole year of content at once for maths, too much to try and do all at once- what I did was go 1 term ahead (and redo this maths study ahead cycle for each term) that way you can master the topics before moving on each term
- Writing english and religion essays every 2 days in insane- read the books, make notes and maybe a goal might be 5 essays for each subject for the holiday (try to get some teacher feedback before churning out more essays, otherwise what's the point)

Overall, way too ambitious. Play the long game and instead of getting the whole year done get the next assessment content done and master it as opposed to quickly glossing over everything. This will also help you learn it better so you're not wasting your time.

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
This is a psychotic amount of study for the summer holidays. If you even attempt this YOU WILL GET BURNT OUT before the term starts.

If you plan to achieve something even close to this (which I think is insanely ill-advised), some suggestions:
- You should have way more rest days of doing nothing- the weekends, time between christmas and new year, time just after term 4 ends and time just before term 1 starts
- It's a waste of time to do the whole year of content at once for maths, too much to try and do all at once- what I did was go 1 term ahead (and redo this maths study ahead cycle for each term) that way you can master the topics before moving on each term
- Writing english and religion essays every 2 days in insane- read the books, make notes and maybe a goal might be 5 essays for each subject for the holiday (try to get some teacher feedback before churning out more essays, otherwise what's the point)

Overall, way too ambitious. Play the long game and instead of getting the whole year done get the next assessment content done and master it as opposed to quickly glossing over everything. This will also help you learn it better so you're not wasting your time.
For English and religion it was just supposed to be one essay over the entire holidays, not one every two days. But yeah, I’ll add a few more rest days and if need be I can cut out the math study for the end of year content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 19)