2023 ATAR/HSC Marks (2 Viewers)

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
Guys, I've talked to two state rankers in English this year, and both of them have an English teacher as a private tutor. It's not just about hard work; having the financial means to afford extra assistance is also very very important. Life is unfair!!!!
Wholeheartedly agree, this is why all these rich ppl be topping the state

lolcti

HSC
N/A
Guys, I've talked to two state rankers in English this year, and both of them have an English teacher as a private tutor. It's not just about hard work; having the financial means to afford extra assistance is also very very important. Life is unfair!!!!
Honestly as long as you have a good English teacher they'll give you the extra assistance you need

s97127

HSC
Wholeheartedly agree, this is why all these rich ppl be topping the state
Honestly as long as you have a good English teacher they'll give you the extra assistance you need
To ensure fairness for all students, I propose that NESA consider revising the English Advanced exam format. One potential adjustment is to require students to write two complete essays based on unseen texts.

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
To ensure fairness for all students, I propose that NESA consider revising the English Advanced exam format. One potential adjustment is to require students to write two complete essays based on unseen texts.
That would be interesting
But then students wouldn’t really study or do any prep for exams and some will still get great marks, or some students will find ways to prepare stuff still

s97127

HSC
That would be interesting
But then students wouldn’t really study or do any prep for exams and some will still get great marks, or some students will find ways to prepare stuff still
but it's still better than the current format right? English Adv is the easiest subject to get band 6 because most students just memorise their essays with the help of their tutors.

lolcti

HSC
N/A
I don't think it'd be fair either way, no advantage to anyone except really gifted students and tutoring kids because their tutors who're probably also state rankers and high ranking, they'll help them write in the best way possible and potentially teach their own way of writing. Whereas memorising would benefit all students, including disadvantaged ones.. This will only make every other person fail, and benefit one group of people. I think everyone struggles with English a lot already and so many people have missed out on .95 cause of it so it's going to take even more opportunities away if that does come into place imo.

zahri992

HSC
guys im sooooo happy i got 91 in italian and 94 in pdhpe 😭 this is really motivating for me as I didn't feel I did as well as I could have in my first assessment tasks and was rlly upset about it :(
GOOD JOB TO EVERYONE EVERYONE GETTING 99S IS CRAZY GOOD JOB

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
womp womp mirror the way exemplars write and develop complex ideas n you're good !!

Last edited:

askit

HSC
Hey guys, I got 98 in math adv and 46 in e1 early (accelerated). Im already set for e2, so my advanced mark doesn't matter, but should I redo e1 for a better score?? Would a 47-48 be that much of a difference to my atar?

carrotsss

HSC
Hey guys, I got 98 in math adv and 46 in e1 early (accelerated). Im already set for e2, so my advanced mark doesn't matter, but should I redo e1 for a better score?? Would a 47-48 be that much of a difference to my atar?
maths ext 1/2 have pretty intense diminishing returns since anything e4 already produces an insane scaled mark, a 47 will make a pretty minimal difference and even a 48 wouldn’t be life changing

MattyA

HSC
Does anyone have a searchable/csv file of the 2023 Distinguished Achievers List? Would be much appreciated for my research

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)