These are my current internals/ranks
Ext 1 Math Accelerated - 92 HSC Mark
Ext 2 Math - 80% Rank 5/5
Eng Adv - 85% Rank 40ish/200+
Modern - 85% Rank 2/50
Physics - 75% Rank 10/50
SOR II - 93% Rank 9/85
Damn bro 80% and last in 4U. Our school has rank 1 at 81%

Whats ur school ranking and how many ppl b6 each subject on avg?

iloveeggs

HSC

how does this ranking stuff even work??? it seems like this person has an amazing mark in ext 2 and only 5 ppl in their class but since they are last will their marks be brought down?? genuine question idek how this stuff is supposed to work.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
how does this ranking stuff even work??? it seems like this person has an amazing mark in ext 2 and only 5 ppl in their class but since they are last will their marks be brought down?? genuine question idek how this stuff is supposed to work.
Internal rank is one element used to determine a student's Assessment Mark (the mark that a student receives which reflects their internal performance and contributes 50% of their overall HSC mark in a subject). The other element used is HSC exam marks achieved by the student's cohort. This is known as the moderation process. In this particular case, if the student's final rank in the subject is last, their Assessment Mark will be made equal to the lowest HSC exam mark achieved by any student (including that same student) in the cohort.

iloveeggs

HSC
Internal rank is one element used to determine a student's Assessment Mark (the mark that a student receives which reflects their internal performance and contributes 50% of their overall HSC mark in a subject). The other element used is HSC exam marks achieved by the student's cohort. This is known as the moderation process. In this particular case, if the student's final rank in the subject is last, their Assessment Mark will be made equal to the lowest HSC exam mark achieved by any student (including that same student) in the cohort.
omg 😭 im getting back to studying

K2Trappy

HSC
omg 😭 im getting back to studying
It kinda depends on this persons cohort too, like if they are 5/5 with 80%(more than solid 4U mark usually) but thats because his cohort is full of geniuses who get 90s raw, and they all perform at this similar level in the HSC, he will get the lowest mark achieved on the day, but it won't necessarily be "dragged down". However, if this mark and rank is due to simple exams relative to the HSC, and as a cohort they underperform in the HSC, the persons mark will definitely not be pretty. All in its not soo much about "dragged down", the most important aspect is the final HSC.

rolydog

HSC

Mid 100s ranking it has varied a lot.
In terms of B6
MX2 3
Eng Adv 15ish
Modern 3-5
Phys 0
SOR 10-15

My 4u class are all pretty mental. Two pulled 100/100 in MX1 last year.

K2Trappy

HSC
Mid 100s ranking it has varied a lot.
In terms of B6
MX2 3
Eng Adv 15ish
Modern 3-5
Phys 0
SOR 10-15

My 4u class are all pretty mental. Two pulled 100/100 in MX1 last year.
I recon your probably around the 96ish mark so I 98 is still quite achievable

Armon

HSC
98 is in play but might be pushing a little, all depends on trials. definitely 96+. Imo best play rn is sack physics entirely because its a lost cause and try and get some ground in your english, modern, and SOR trials -> need to lock in your responses for hsc. Modern, English & SOR is all rote and you just need to practice practice practice responses. Trying to move up to r3 or r4 for 4u is ideal but dont know how feasible it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)