University for Undergrad Mechanical Engineering (2 Viewers)

Horses88

HSC
N/A
Hi guys,

I am an international student looking to study mechanical engineering in Australia. I've got an acceptance letter from unimelb, usyd and unsw. From what I've read, UNSW seems to be the best engineering uni in Australia. However, unimelb and usyd are prestigious and appear well-known internationally (?). Since I am an international student I would like to work in Australia but that is also extremely hard due to visa issues. This means that I would also like to work internationally in the future, probably around Asia but not limited to this region. Therefore, which uni would be a good option for this discipline and my future job prospects? Thanks

liamkk112

HSC
Hi guys,

I am an international student looking to study mechanical engineering in Australia. I've got an acceptance letter from unimelb, usyd and unsw. From what I've read, UNSW seems to be the best engineering uni in Australia. However, unimelb and usyd are prestigious and appear well-known internationally (?). Since I am an international student I would like to work in Australia but that is also extremely hard due to visa issues. This means that I would also like to work internationally in the future, probably around Asia but not limited to this region. Therefore, which uni would be a good option for this discipline and my future job prospects? Thanks
u basically just listed 3 of the top 4 unis in australia for engineering in terms of international recognition and prestige (anu is in there too), you wouldn’t be going wrong with any of them. one thing to consider is that sydney is much more pricey than melbourne, otherwise tbh id just pick on your preferred uni

carrotsss

HSC

wollongong warrior

HSC
I can't speak for unimelb but if you want to go to a uni in nsw, go unsw for engineering
I've heard so many bad things about the engineering/compsci faculty in usyd (e.g. quality of teaching and facilities, poor syllabus organisation and course planning in general, etc)💀💀

carrotsss

HSC
I can't speak for unimelb but if you want to go to a uni in nsw, go unsw for engineering
I've heard so many bad things about the engineering/compsci faculty in usyd (e.g. quality of teaching and facilities, poor syllabus organisation and course planning in general, etc)💀💀
I’ve still enjoyed usyd comp sci a lot so far but there is some pretty poor organisation, like they were still adding test cases to our assignment for like 2 weeks after they gave it to us, and still fixing issues in the description until like 3 days before the due date…

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)