how to improve at mod c? (1 Viewer)

ilovemangos

HSC
Hi, I'm really struggling with Module C. I feel like whatever I write is generic. Are there any tips for Module C that anyone can share with me? Also, where could I find some good Module C exemplars?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
You mentioned that you feel that your writing is generic. Perhaps that is caused by insufficient creativity, which can reflect insufficient Module C writing practice. Based on this, there are two main ways through which you can improve your writing for Module C.

First, reading different texts and types of literature (i.e. beyond the texts that you have studied for Module C) will allow you to expand your ideas. This increased exposure to a range of ideas will in turn enable you to improve your imagination and ultimately make your writing more unique. Greater exposure to different ideas can also help you in exam settings by making it easier and faster to form relevant patterns according to a particular stimulus and subsequently convert a unique idea into a good-quality piece.

Of course, creative ideas do not guarantee favourable writing quality on their own. This brings us to the second element, which is practice. To effectively build on the foundation of a unique/creative idea, you must ensure that you regularly practise your writing, ideally by responding to a range of Module C questions. You can then seek feedback on your writing from your teacher and implement any suggestions that they might offer. The more you do this, the more you can improve the quality of your writing.

I hope this helps! :D

ilovemangos

HSC
You mentioned that you feel that your writing is generic. Perhaps that is caused by insufficient creativity, which can reflect insufficient Module C writing practice. Based on this, there are two main ways through which you can improve your writing for Module C.

First, reading different texts and types of literature (i.e. beyond the texts that you have studied for Module C) will allow you to expand your ideas. This increased exposure to a range of ideas will in turn enable you to improve your imagination and ultimately make your writing more unique. Greater exposure to different ideas can also help you in exam settings by making it easier and faster to form relevant patterns according to a particular stimulus and subsequently convert a unique idea into a good-quality piece.

Of course, creative ideas do not guarantee favourable writing quality on their own. This brings us to the second element, which is practice. To effectively build on the foundation of a unique/creative idea, you must ensure that you regularly practise your writing, ideally by responding to a range of Module C questions. You can then seek feedback on your writing from your teacher and implement any suggestions that they might offer. The more you do this, the more you can improve the quality of your writing.

I hope this helps! :D
thanks for all that information! yeah I've realised that I needed to read a lot more to get better at writing, and I think it has definitely helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)