HAST RESOURCES YR 10 ENTRY (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone had any resources or links to help study for HAST for year 10 entry. I plan on applying for Penrith, Girra and SB. I know Penrith and Girra do HAST but I'm not sure what SB does, so if you know or have any resources to help study for their test please share.

hi_998

HSC
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone had any resources or links to help study for HAST for year 10 entry. I plan on applying for Penrith, Girra and SB. I know Penrith and Girra do HAST but I'm not sure what SB does, so if you know or have any resources to help study for their test please share.
hi dont try for penrith because here u have to try for chem and physics and no transfers get offered for u own sake i suggest trying for something else

HSC
hi dont try for penrith because here u have to try for chem and physics and no transfers get offered for u own sake i suggest trying for something else
chem and physics don't seem too bad, the reason I'm applying for penrith and girra is because they're my local schools. Next closest would be baulko but that's still pretty far and way too competitive. The only reason I put down sb is because I have good sport and extracurriculars.

Shavi Masee

HSC
the reason I'm applying for penrith and girra is because they're my local schools. Next closest would be baulko but that's still pretty far and way too competitive.
After my HAST exams I was told to look at the level you are performing at and see if it matches the schools level, don't just go off local/transport. I'm not sure if that helps though T-T.
I applied to Penrith, Girra and Baulko because of locality, however failed badly lmao. I've got these resources on some generalised questions on the topics if you want.

Attachments

zenli

HSC
After my HAST exams I was told to look at the level you are performing at and see if it matches the schools level, don't just go off local/transport. I'm not sure if that helps though T-T.
I applied to Penrith, Girra and Baulko because of locality, however failed badly lmao. I've got these resources on some generalised questions on the topics if you want.
Hi, I was just wondering, do specific stimuli have a specific writing sort needed? Like for example last year when I did the year 9 entry for Girra the question was something related to "is all gossip bad". If someone responded to the question with a narrative, is it still possible for them to get in? Also, the internet kinda states that the two writing pieces would be creative or discursive so I believed that and attempted discursive lol

Shavi Masee

HSC
Hi, I was just wondering, do specific stimuli have a specific writing sort needed? Like for example last year when I did the year 9 entry for Girra the question was something related to "is all gossip bad". If someone responded to the question with a narrative, is it still possible for them to get in? Also, the internet kinda states that the two writing pieces would be creative or discursive so I believed that and attempted discursive lol
Hi, I'm actually not sure. I don't even remember the question that was asked or what was specified, but I wrote discursive.
But if the specific writing in response to the stimuli isn't mentioned, then I guess you can pick either discursive or creative. Make sure if it is specified or not I say, then do whatever you think fits best with the topic. If what I said was right then whatever the markers think fits their criteria the best (structure, language etc.) that's the one they'll pick probably.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)