what is fort st hs looking for in the essays (1 Viewer)

Ly123

HSC
for application into y11 cos discuss and reference own learning is so vague

Lolzers

HSC
Shoudl the essay be deeply philosophical and personal or just be a typical essay?

jonolad69

Banned
HSC
Shoudl the essay be deeply philosophical and personal or just be a typical essay?
from my experience of people applying, they seem to like super sophisticated ideas and perspectives. so yes, make it really philosophical but don't make it overly verbose

Ly123

HSC
from my experience of people applying, they seem to like super sophisticated ideas and perspectives. so yes, make it really philosophical but don't make it overly verbose
last year i referenced some texts and did a bit of analysis, but i think this year ill try to do it even more in depth i guess? should i do like classics or should i just analyse a more pop culturey text like a movie or tv show. Cos i feel like analysis of a classic is gonna be very like basic yk, like its the type of shit thats taught in school and written online so like its not as insightful into how well u can analyse something? idk if im super off track here.

also from my extracurriculars i have strengths in commerce and art, how would i incorporate that into my essay / should i incorporate it (i feel like i should)

Also should the essay be more informal discursive like or formal like 2 pros and then 2 cons and then conclusion.

Lolzers

HSC
Do a lot of poeple apply for fort st for y11?
Also, if our hast marks are pretty average but the essay is outstanding, will that help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)