Economics & Maths Ext 1 (1 Viewer)

amatterra

HSC
From reading a lot of threads here, I heard that Economics is pretty content-heavy & has a lot of essay writing and stuff.. but I'd love to take Economics as I think it'll be a subject I enjoy because I'm genuinely interested and think that Economics would give me a better understanding of how the world works + equip me as an adult. But I have no interest in doing anything related to Economics after school. (+ I'm doing Commerce in y10 and I like it, although I genuinely hate the Political Involvement unit)

On the other hand, I want to take Maths Ext 1 (and Physics & Chemistry) because I'd like to do Engineering after school, and I'd naturally focus more on these subjects for that reason.

Would choosing Economics be worth it? Would it take my study time away from Maths and the Science subjects? I genuinely want to take Econ but that's the only thing I'm concerned about. And I don't want to just focus on the STEM subjects and not give a crap about my other subjects yk.

#plshelp

liamkk112

HSC
From reading a lot of threads here, I heard that Economics is pretty content-heavy & has a lot of essay writing and stuff.. but I'd love to take Economics as I think it'll be a subject I enjoy because I'm genuinely interested and think that Economics would give me a better understanding of how the world works + equip me as an adult. But I have no interest in doing anything related to Economics after school. (+ I'm doing Commerce in y10 and I like it, although I genuinely hate the Political Involvement unit)

On the other hand, I want to take Maths Ext 1 (and Physics & Chemistry) because I'd like to do Engineering after school, and I'd naturally focus more on these subjects for that reason.

Would choosing Economics be worth it? Would it take my study time away from Maths and the Science subjects? I genuinely want to take Econ but that's the only thing I'm concerned about. And I don't want to just focus on the STEM subjects and not give a crap about my other subjects yk.

#plshelp
it shouldn’t take study time away because eco probably has similar content to any other stem subject anyway. tbh if u want to do it it’s probably good because you’ll have some diversity in your subjects, but there wouldn’t be anything bad about taking eco

alternatively u could pick eco and then drop in year 12 to go to 10 units if u really don’t like it, so it’s not the end of the world

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)