Journey of the magi (1 Viewer)

vajayjay

HSC
Is it okay to argue that Journey of the Magi (T.S Eliot) also provides no resolution? The resources im finding online say that magi reveals that enlightenment can be found through spirituality / religion etc... But my teachers didn't teach it that way. Would i be safer to just write about it providing a solution?

MJRey

HSC
This should be ok to argue so long as you can back up your point with evidence and make the argument itself strong.

synthesisFR

HSC
Is it okay to argue that Journey of the Magi (T.S Eliot) also provides no resolution? The resources im finding online say that magi reveals that enlightenment can be found through spirituality / religion etc... But my teachers didn't teach it that way. Would i be safer to just write about it providing a solution?
yeah there are sufficient quotes in the poem so you can focus on how it may not be this like grandiose cathartic way to find meaning but it could even cause confusion or despair since there is an internal struggle present during religious conversion. but obv it would be good to build your argument through your paragraph instead of just saying theres no resolutions, since there is an attempt, they do follow through and some lines do suggest they have found new meaning through spirituality however as as said above focus on the expectations of conversion vs how they may actually experience it in an almost bathetic way (i can send u can example paragraph) so you have more nuanced analysis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)