What is one study technique you swear by? How do you study? (1 Viewer)

amatterra

HSC
If you're a senior student or uni student or have graduated already, please answer this question if you want. Be detailed if you can please
Much appreciated!

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
i personally dedicate time for every topic so for example in uni i dedicate 1-2 days (or if its harder more) on one topic only and i dont move on until im confident enough. I read out the stuff I need to learn and since im more of a visual learner diagrams/labelling help out soooo much. And then what I do is that after Ive gone thru the topic I start from the beginning again and then I write down what Ik and check what ive forgotten so I can focus on the stuff I forgot (used to do this during the hsc too)

anything i need to memorise i just walk around my room and say it out loud idk it helps alot

liamkk112

HSC
a lot of time investment = success usually, so if i’m unsure about something i always just put a bunch of time into trying to understand what’s happening, tons of questions

multiple textbooks/explanations also helps a lot, eg i was learning real analysis lately (i thought i was gonna take it this sem but now it’s in two years i think lol - ngl im happy about that the subject is hard af) and when i first read the textbook about 8 months ago it just didn’t click for me. then recently i watched the mit series on real analysis and i kinda got the mindset / way of thinking in the subject down, then when i went back and re read the textbook i used before it made a whole lot more sense because i was familiar with the ideas in multiple ways, i also consulted another textbook and felt even better about the concepts

i also watch a lot of youtube videos in the background on topics that im confused about or just to revise, its kinda like passive learning but i find it helps a lot, idk if its just being surrounded by the techniques and language used but yeah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)