demotivated (1 Viewer)

nzs

HSC
Hi guys, how do you stay motivated in the school holidays? I was so motivated to do good in year 11 for early entry but I have already stuffed up and thought my comeback would be during prelims. I've been overseas since mid-June and just returned and haven't even picked up a pen or paper. I also literally dunno half the content since I missed out on so much. I'm so scared since I was averaging high B's and like 2 high C's I was aiming to get A's and B's in all my prelims so I stood a chance at law early entry at Macquarie but now I feel like as if it's too late and I have no chance at passing prelims either because they're literally in wk 2 I think and I have 4 exams in the span of 2 days and English on the Monday. I know early entries not the end since I wanted to do commerce at UNSW but I really have a low chance at getting the 93 atar when I'm struggling to get B's in year 11.

sainzsgf

HSC
when i want to be motivated, i just try and write a small list of things i want to complete, either for that day or that week. dont make it too long or you'll feel overwhelmed, i went through this last year where i went on holiday and then came back and couldn't do anything so i get it!

you could just start out by going over your term 2 notes and making sure everything is up to date. if you feel like you don't have the energy to try and get ahead, go back to content from before and try and solidify your knowledge, its easier to go over stuff you've done and can kind of recall rather than moving ahead on stuff you haven't learnt.

don't be too hard on yourself, you've still got time untill prelims, like around 3 weeks no? try and solidify a simple routine, instead of telling yourself im gonna do 4 hours of study, try and do 1 and work your way up. you cant jump into the deep end before learning how to tread water.

also make sure to give yourself a break, don't overwork yourself too hard, remember its just year 11 and the break you get before year 12 starts is short, you don't want to feel burnt out before year 12 starts.

you've got this, just keep treading you're almost half way there!

C_master

HSC
Hi guys, how do you stay motivated in the school holidays? I was so motivated to do good in year 11 for early entry but I have already stuffed up and thought my comeback would be during prelims. I've been overseas since mid-June and just returned and haven't even picked up a pen or paper. I also literally dunno half the content since I missed out on so much. I'm so scared since I was averaging high B's and like 2 high C's I was aiming to get A's and B's in all my prelims so I stood a chance at law early entry at Macquarie but now I feel like as if it's too late and I have no chance at passing prelims either because they're literally in wk 2 I think and I have 4 exams in the span of 2 days and English on the Monday. I know early entries not the end since I wanted to do commerce at UNSW but I really have a low chance at getting the 93 atar when I'm struggling to get B's in year 11.
there is no way that prelims that early for yall

sainzsgf

HSC
i literally just had to edit my post bc i reread and was like week 2???? normally prelims are towards the end of the term, you'd still have content to cover right?

spiderfan44

HSC
ive found that maintaining a consistent schedule in which i studied each day (except weekends), at the same time, and for the same amount, helped me with not being motivated bcuz it would feel like less of a struggle once it was a habit. i also deleted tiktok and installed an app to block instagram reels and youtube shorts, bcuz that type of stuff would just distract me so much. i also try make sure that once i finish studying, i dont just go on my phone and that i instead do a hobby thing so it feels more rewarding to finish studying

spiderfan44

HSC
also im someone who did poorly at the start of yr11, then improved during terms 2-3. i also improved a lot from yr 11 to my current yr 12 marks. ive attached my y11 and 12 marks below, u can see i changed from getting b's in yr 11 to getting a's in yr12 (keep in mind assessments mark higher than trials and hsc though). if i can change from b's to a's in yr12 so can u in year 12 :)
1721115392604.png1721115444502.png

• Love
Reactions: nzs

hsc student 2021

HSC
Firstly, feeling overwhelmed and anxious about your studies is normal, especially after returning from a break. The good news is that it's never too late to turn things around and get back on track. Here are a few tips to help you stay motivated and make the most of the time you have left before your exams:

1. Set Realistic Goals
  2. Create a Study Plan and Prioritize Your Health by taking enough rest breaks
  3. Seek Support like you are doing here
  4. Stay Positive and away from negative people

Remember, a single set of exams does not define your worth. Every effort you make now will contribute to your overall learning and growth. Believe in yourself and take proactive steps to get back on track. You've got this!

Last edited:

nzs

HSC
when i want to be motivated, i just try and write a small list of things i want to complete, either for that day or that week. dont make it too long or you'll feel overwhelmed, i went through this last year where i went on holiday and then came back and couldn't do anything so i get it!

you could just start out by going over your term 2 notes and making sure everything is up to date. if you feel like you don't have the energy to try and get ahead, go back to content from before and try and solidify your knowledge, its easier to go over stuff you've done and can kind of recall rather than moving ahead on stuff you haven't learnt.

don't be too hard on yourself, you've still got time untill prelims, like around 3 weeks no? try and solidify a simple routine, instead of telling yourself im gonna do 4 hours of study, try and do 1 and work your way up. you cant jump into the deep end before learning how to tread water.

also make sure to give yourself a break, don't overwork yourself too hard, remember its just year 11 and the break you get before year 12 starts is short, you don't want to feel burnt out before year 12 starts.

you've got this, just keep treading you're almost half way there!
tysm! I'll try making a list weekly so my work can be spread out. I was chill before I got an N award notice for going on holidays even though I notified the school, apparently I was supposed to do the work then but oh well ☠ thx for the advice and even though I'm probably going to pull 10 all nighters, I will try not to get burn out 😄

nzs

HSC
unfortunately, one of my teachers said it's bc they want the yr12s to do their trials early so they could study all holidays for it and be prepared lmfao. The yr11's and yr12 have the same exam block and it goes on for around 3-4 weeks they can't do it towards the end cause our school does like all the hsc subjects, most people would technically have a 4-5 week holiday because they only have exams in wk 1 like me (unless they do vet courses or languages) 😔

nzs

HSC
i literally just had to edit my post bc i reread and was like week 2???? normally prelims are towards the end of the term, you'd still have content to cover right?
we only covered like 50% of the syllabus and the rest we're doing after prelims (however no way I'm listening) I think the yr12s have covered more tho

nzs

HSC
also im someone who did poorly at the start of yr11, then improved during terms 2-3. i also improved a lot from yr 11 to my current yr 12 marks. ive attached my y11 and 12 marks below, u can see i changed from getting b's in yr 11 to getting a's in yr12 (keep in mind assessments mark higher than trials and hsc though). if i can change from b's to a's in yr12 so can u in year 12 :)
View attachment 43644View attachment 43645
THANK U, YOU GIVE ME HOPE 😭 also like good job on those grades omg

spiderfan44

HSC
THANK U, YOU GIVE ME HOPE 😭 also like good job on those grades omg
dont worry about it, its totally possible to make an 'academic comeback' as long as you put in work

spiderfan44

HSC
also im going to add this, i saved up during year 11 so that i could quit my job in year 12 to focus on studies. its totally possible to have a job and do well, i have a friend with marks that are better than mine and they still work once a week. however, if youre someone who struggles a lot with time management and organisation like me, then quitting or cutting back on hours may be something to consider.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)