Which subject shld i drop (2 Viewers)

mewtwo12

HSC
I go to a selective school which is ranked pre decent in my subjects but would it be possible to attain a 95+ atar (aiming from between 96-97) with these subjects
- English Adv (38 band 6s)
- Maths Adv. (45 band 6s)
- Legal Studies (15 band 6s)
- Modern His (4 band 6s)
- Biology (6 band 6s)
- Business Studies (24 band 6s)

I am planning to pick up history ext and drop a subject.
Originally I was deciding between Maths and Biology because they are my weakest subjects.. however people are telling me that my subjects are very content heavy and essay-based if I do drop either subjects. I prefer writing essays and doing essay-based subjects however I am worried that I will have too many essays to memorise/ content to know in year 12. What shld I do?

v.tex

HSC
If you like essays, you'll be fine. If your good at history I reckon do extension as apparently if your a half decent writer its an easy band 6.

Armon

HSC
I go to a selective school which is ranked pre decent in my subjects but would it be possible to attain a 95+ atar (aiming from between 96-97) with these subjects
- Modern His (4 band 6s)
- Biology (6 band 6s)

Originally I was deciding between Maths and Biology because they are my weakest subjects.. however people are telling me that my subjects are very content heavy and essay-based if I do drop either subjects. I prefer writing essays and doing essay-based subjects however I am worried that I will have too many essays to memorise/ content to know in year 12. What shld I do?
Having all essays if you prefer essays is far better than having all but a few essays. History Extensions is a rubbish idea because it is 2 units of work for 1 unit of reward and it scales abysmally so the reward is hardly a reward. But if you like it then sure! I would sack Biology probably.

C_master

HSC
If you like essays, you'll be fine. If your good at history I reckon do extension as apparently if your a half decent writer its an easy band 6.
Isnt legal studies a pain in the ass? (hard to achieve a b6 in) Coz thats what I heard

mewtwo12

HSC
Why do you think History ext is a rubbish idea ( genuine q) , I am still unsure whether to pick it but I know there is only 2 internal assessments (Historical investigation project and trials) and one external assessment (HSC). I got 100% in my Modern History Historical investigation project which is why I was leaning to pick it in order to opt out of biology

oliv36

HSC
- Modern His (4 band 6s)
- Biology (6 band 6s)

This entire question has to be framed by a particular ATAR goal for any suggestions to be legitimate

Canoeboat

HSC
- Modern His (4 band 6s)
- Biology (6 band 6s)

dont drop anything until year 12 and only drop if u really are failing really bad. dont be downy, bio is just memorising and vomit on page. for math, just study. if u goin pick them units, then pull through with them. its just 1 year of grind, 1 year of ur life. JUST DO THE STUFF AND UR GOOD. Does one stop edging after busting to cars 2? No, mfker gets back on the saddle and continues to edge aggressively because he is a king sigma.

bcv

HSC
Why do you think History ext is a rubbish idea ( genuine q) , I am still unsure whether to pick it but I know there is only 2 internal assessments (Historical investigation project and trials) and one external assessment (HSC). I got 100% in my Modern History Historical investigation project which is why I was leaning to pick it in order to opt out of biology
im doing history extension right now and i gotta say that it's way different from modern history (im doing modern too). the way they write essays and analyse sources will also be vastly different. only pick it if you truly enjoy studying the form of history, not history of an event or thing.

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
dont drop anything until year 12 and only drop if u really are failing really bad. dont be downy, bio is just memorising and vomit on page. for math, just study. if u goin pick them units, then pull through with them. its just 1 year of grind, 1 year of ur life. JUST DO THE STUFF AND UR GOOD. Does one stop edging after busting to cars 2? No, mfker gets back on the saddle and continues to edge aggressively because he is a king sigma.
So wise 😍

mewtwo12

HSC
My school only lets us do a max of 12 units in year 11 so if I were to pick up a 13th unit, I am worried I will have too much on my late since I will get no study periods and have morning classes twice a week on top of that if i were to pick up history ext

mewtwo12

HSC
im doing history extension right now and i gotta say that it's way different from modern history (im doing modern too). the way they write essays and analyse sources will also be vastly different. only pick it if you truly enjoy studying the form of history, not history of an event or thing.
Wdym by form of history

bcv

HSC
Wdym by form of history
the way history is recorded, what history is, types of history. cause in modern we learn about certain events and etc. but in hex we may use an event (like the salem witch trials) to analyse how history is recorded, with more of an emphasis on the historians. also i gotta warn you there's a shit ton of reading 😭

mewtwo12

HSC
the way history is recorded, what history is, types of history. cause in modern we learn about certain events and etc. but in hex we may use an event (like the salem witch trials) to analyse how history is recorded, with more of an emphasis on the historians. also i gotta warn you there's a shit ton of reading 😭
Do you reckon the scaling for the subject is rewarding or nah?

mewtwo12

HSC
if you get 80 it scales up to an 86, if you get 90 it scales up to a 95. i honestly have to say that if ur into history/philosophy/writing, then only take the subject, the scaling is good imo.
Would you say it is more content-heavy than bio because I know the only assessments for History Ext is a HIP and trials for internal and HSC for external which is why I was leaning toward dropping bio and picking up history ext because then I have more time to focus on my other subjects

bcv

HSC
Would you say it is more content-heavy than bio because I know the only assessments for History Ext is a HIP and trials for internal and HSC for external which is why I was leaning toward dropping bio and picking up history ext because then I have more time to focus on my other subjects
i don't do bio so i can't answer this question, sorry 🙏 but i can say that it's awfully content-heavy, a lot of shit to remember.

Armon

HSC
10 units is optimal as 16% more study time and unless youre a sydney grammar legend whos gonna SR 3 extension language subjects i guarentee you that you wont benefit from more than 10 units. There is nothing wrong with dropping a subject, no one can handle that much workload.

Armon

HSC
why are you talking as though history extension allows you to drop bio? you can drop bio either way as you can do 10 units in year 12. history extension is only 1 unit so even if you do pick it you wont be able to drop two subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)