Bachelor of Comm/Law vs. Comm/Info Sys (1 Viewer)

yesaah123

HSC
I want to get into finance (specifically financial advising or Broking). Would studying a Bachelor of Comm/Law majoring in finance help? or is it useless studying the extra law degree. Alternatively, I was also thinking about studying a bachelor of Commerce and Information systems majoring in finance but ultimately I am going into finance. Any advice on what would be better would be much appreciated! :D

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
The Bachelor of Commerce with a major in Finance would be the essential degree to study if you intend to start a career within finance. You can either study this degree in its own, or combine it with another degree. In your case, both the Bachelor of Laws and the Bachelor of Information Systems would be good additions to the Bachelor of Commerce. The Bachelor of Laws would equip you with legal knowledge and skills that could assist you in addressing legal aspects of your work (if applicable), likely to a greater extent than if you were to rely on legal knowledge gained through the Bachelor of Commerce. Similarly, the Bachelor of Information Systems would allow you to gain knowledge and develop skills relevant to information systems, which could be useful in your desired field of work. It is reasonable to expect that you will be using relevant technology quite often in this type of work, as well as the fact that technology is constantly advancing. The Bachelor of Information Systems would help in that regard.

If you decide to study a double degree, I believe that the Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Information Systems would probably be the better program given its potentially greater relevance to your future career. The fact that you intend to work in finance rather than in law makes me question choosing the Bachelor of Laws instead of the Bachelor of Information Systems.

I would also suggest contacting professionals in the field who studied those degrees as they can provide you with more in-depth education and career advice based on their experience. LinkedIn is a great starting point.

I hope this helps! 😀

idkkdi

HSC
I want to get into finance (specifically financial advising or Broking). Would studying a Bachelor of Comm/Law majoring in finance help? or is it useless studying the extra law degree. Alternatively, I was also thinking about studying a bachelor of Commerce and Information systems majoring in finance but ultimately I am going into finance. Any advice on what would be better would be much appreciated! :D
probably consider compsci instead of infosys if u r considering infosys/comm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)