help pls (2 Viewers)

kkk579

hello
HSC
for this q, i may be incorrect but are none of the given options correct? X > Z, Z > Y and X > Y. Therefore, X> Z > Y in terms of reactivity.

also can anyone explain to me how heterogenous catalysts work and also explain the concept of bond atomisation and how it relates to bond enthalpiesScreenshot 2024-07-25 010057.png. yes ive tried searching and im still confused.

hihglightermmmm

HSC
for this q, i may be incorrect but are none of the given options correct? X > Z, Z > Y and X > Y. Therefore, X> Z > Y in terms of reactivity.

also can anyone explain to me how heterogenous catalysts work and also explain the concept of bond atomisation and how it relates to bond enthalpiesView attachment 43705. yes ive tried searching and im still confused.
I dont know

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
help it's been a while since i did chem but it's A right
Z displaces X so Z more reactive than X
Z also displaces Y so it's more reactive than Y
no visible reaction for the third one means Y doesn't displace X so X is more reactive than Y
combining this info together in order of increasing reactivity it's Y < X< Z (A)

girl i need to know what bond atomisation is it confuses me so much and also heterogenous catalysts the internet is not giving me a good answer at all
those chem concepts were never brought up during my 2 years of doing chemistry for prelims and hsc it's ok u don't need to know them ๐Ÿ’€
enthalpy of atomisation in particular isn't covered in mod 4, vaporisation and the other term i forgot is

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC

also can anyone explain to me how heterogenous catalysts work and also explain the concept of bond atomisation and how it relates to bond enthalpiesView attachment 43705. yes ive tried searching and im still confused.
Heterogenous catalysts are catalysts that are diff state to reactants but has a surface area that is capable of โ€˜adsorbingโ€™ reactants and doing this mechanism thingo that weakens the bonds of the reactants and therefore reduces ea required for the reaction to occur iirc (or at least from my tutor- altho the mechanism prolly wack tho icl) and also not in syllabus sis ๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿคง๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿค‘๐Ÿค ๐Ÿค๐Ÿคค๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿคค๐Ÿคค๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿ˜ฆ๐Ÿ‘พ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ‘ฟ๐Ÿ‘ป๐Ÿ’…

kkk579

hello
HSC
help it's been a while since i did chem but it's A right
Z displaces X so Z more reactive than X
Z also displaces Y so it's more reactive than Y
no visible reaction for the third one means Y doesn't displace X so X is more reactive than Y
combining this info together in order of increasing reactivity it's Y < X< Z (A)

those chem concepts were never brought up during my 2 years of doing chemistry for prelims and hsc it's ok u don't need to know them ๐Ÿ’€
enthalpy of atomisation in particular isn't covered in mod 4, vaporisation and the other term i forgot is
yeah idk peak briefly mentioned bond atomisation and heterogenous catalysts so i wanted to know in case for my mock prelim exam on sat ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)