2026 HSC CHAT (5 Viewers)

HSC
So true it makes me feel guilty when I don't get good marks. I don't get those students who are sent here but don't care at all about what their parents put in, like disrespecting teachers and other students. I really wished I got into a selective school, too late now lol.
You can still try. Ur only loosing 130$ and a weekend; it's worth it.

Shavi Masee

HSC
You can still try. Ur only loosing 130$ and a weekend; it's worth it.
Fr I could, but I tried in yr 8 for yr 9 entry and did soo bad bro T-T I can't waste that money.
I have a dream concert I need to go to before I die and I'd rather go to that than be disappointed by my really bad HAST results.

jane1820

HSC
nah i dont think so
guys no one is talking to me help i try starting convos but no one talks back except 1 girl and i want to sit by myself in the library but everyone hogs it to uses it as a social area and its so crowded and noisy in there
i dont like this school, no one is interested in talking to me, and i may be overreacting but i think one reason is cos its got to do with me being the only brown student in the school.. guys help i didnt know moving schools would be this bad
THEN GIVE THEM A REASON SO TALK TO U!!
IF U WERE NOT U WHY WOULD U WANT TO TALK TO U? WHATS SO SPECIAL ABT U? THINK LIKE THAT!!!

jane1820

HSC
Fr I could, but I tried in yr 8 for yr 9 entry and did soo bad bro T-T I can't waste that money.
I have a dream concert I need to go to before I die and I'd rather go to that than be disappointed by my really bad HAST results.
FAIR but if u rlly want to go give it a go!! at the end of the day u'll prob/might regret it later on whether now or later in life so better do everything/anything that u KNOW for a fact U WILL NOT REGRET!

Shavi Masee

HSC
FAIR but if u rlly want to go give it a go!! at the end of the day u'll prob/might regret it later on whether now or later in life so better do everything/anything that u KNOW for a fact U WILL NOT REGRET!
You're so right T-T I probably will regret it.
However I don't really want or see myself having a career in academics/health/law etc. I want to be a music director/producer for movies, it's a dream but idk if it's achievable tbh.The only reason I want a high ATAR is so that I have a whole ton of options I can choose from if I don't wanna career in music anymore.
i just don't know anything at this point...what is life and why do i have to care abt this?

HSC
You're so right T-T I probably will regret it.
However I don't really want or see myself having a career in academics/health/law etc. I want to be a music director/producer for movies, it's a dream but idk if it's achievable tbh.The only reason I want a high ATAR is so that I have a whole ton of options I can choose from if I don't wanna career in music anymore.
i just don't know anything at this point...what is life and why do i have to care abt this?
To quote my favourite mongoose
'For the devilment'
(aka life means nothing have fun with it do what matters to you)

Armon

HSC
You claim that a person who does Asian 5 is a "boring person straight up"? What a rubbish opinion to have for your old age. Personally I never knew what the fuck Asian 5 was until this forum, and in no way someone subject selections entitle you to belittle them. Personally I'll choose to pursue something similar to that in Year 12 due to me not being the utmost best in english but still good enough to go a bit higher. Excelling at maths, and wanting Physics for aviation/engineering and wanting Chemistry just incase I want to pursue something medical. Would you call be a "boring person straight up"? Honestly, your opinion will never matter anyways because you should let people do what they want to, and not everyone's cognitive functions are aligned to yours. Some may want better scaling, some may want easier subjects, but no matter there is something is someone elses head that you do not know about which is their reason.

Not many people care about scaling and whatever shit you do man, don't be that person who thinks their views are above everyone else. It's not a good title to carry around.
You've quite clearly got to take what I'm saying with a grain of salt considering I did something incredibly close to Asian 5 and still did physics in year 11 -> the only reason I didn't do unmodified A5 in year 12 is the only physics teacher went on maternity leave 🤷‍♂️. The key take away from my comment was to say that the idea that Asian 5 is the only way to do well - which is an idea commonly pushed forward on this forum, on conquerhsc, and in all the other atarmaxxing groups - is not true and you shouldn't be clouded by it. The reason I claimed A5'ers are boring is because the vast majority of them are selective school students who are doing the courses not out of some passion for their future careers but rather because their school, tutors and parents tell them that it is the only way they will succeed. Anecdotally, most A5ers tend to go into one of a few disciplines in uni; engineering, computer science, medicine or actuarial studies. If these students are passionate about these careers, why - other than the scaling fearmongering - arent they choosing subjects like engineering studies, sdd/ipt, biology, and economics/business studies respectively? You claim that "Not many people care about scaling", but what you'll see when you network with people in year 12 is that the vast majority of A5'ers are doing the subjects for that exact reason! Which results in everyone in these circles doing the same boring stuff rather than things they actually enjoy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)