2024 PROGRESS LOGBOOK (1 Viewer)

hafsah_

HSC
HSC students are reading journal articles now?
Yeah, it kinda helps with advancing vocab and analysis, esp Mod B of Adv Eng since it's Critical Study of Literature so you're bringing in the actual works of critics.

hafsah_

HSC
Sounds cool. Mind me to ask if you can share me the citation for a read?
I'd say use JSTOR because you can read with a free account but to download you'll need your school to be subscribed to it and if not, maybe get it off a Uni friend/family?

spiderfan44

HSC
Sounds cool. Mind me to ask if you can share me the citation for a read?
like a paper ive used as a reference or one of my essays? ill be real i dont really read the full papers, i just mostly read the relevant sections to my own assignment

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
like a paper ive used as a reference or one of my essays? ill be real i dont really read the full papers, i just mostly read the relevant sections to my own assignment
The former.

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say use JSTOR because you can read with a free account but to download you'll need your school to be subscribed to it and if not, maybe get it off a Uni friend/family?
I know, I was just surprised that HSC students now are reading journal articles. I started during uni.

spiderfan44

HSC
I know, I was just surprised that HSC students now are reading journal articles. I started during uni.
my teacher for earth and enviro at least requires us to cite a number of journals. ive sometime used journals in geo as well. i use journal articles because a lot of the stuff i cover for earth in essays is quite niche and journals are my only real source of info that isnt vague, i also often use journals when i research because theyre more indepth on topics, so it ends up as a reference

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
i used this as more of a source for data, but ive prob read through this paper the most out of any paper ive used in earth https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-024-46991-5
my teacher for earth and enviro at least requires us to cite a number of journals. ive sometime used journals in geo as well. i use journal articles because a lot of the stuff i cover for earth in essays is quite niche and journals are my only real source of info that isnt vague, i also often use journals when i research because theyre more indepth on topics, so it ends up as a reference
I'm going to be honest with you. Reading this made me feel anxious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)