Chemistry: 81%
Design & Technology: 88%
Biology: 90%
Investigating Science: 89%

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Additional information, such as your ranks within your subjects, the number of band 6's achieved in your school across your subjects, and/or your school rank, would be useful in providing more accurate estimates. :)

band4hahah

HSC
Additional information, such as your rank within your subjects, the number of band 6's achieved in your school across your subjects, and/or your school rank, would be useful in providing more accurate estimates. :)
The school is ranked poorly, 300-400th.
ranked first in chem, design & tech, 2nd for maths, 2nd for bio, 1st for inv science, and like 18th for English…

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
4-8b6’s
can I know why that’s important?
because if you’re say, ranked 10th but that subject only gets 2 band 6s per year, it’s very unlikely that you’ll get a band 6. this helps determine what atar you’d get. you need to specify how many band 6s your school gets for SPECIFIC subjects because ranks and marks relate to your subject, not as a whole.

band4hahah

HSC
because if you’re say, ranked 10th but that subject only gets 2 band 6s per year, it’s very unlikely that you’ll get a band 6. this helps determine what atar you’d get. you need to specify how many band 6s your school gets for SPECIFIC subjects because ranks and marks relate to your subject, not as a whole.
Yeah I get you, but I don’t think it will affect me much as I’m already rank 1 or 2 in most subjects apart from English

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Given this information, you seem to be on track with an ATAR in the low 90's range. More specifically, that would be an ATAR of approximately 92. Your position across your subjects appears favourable. This is especially the case of Chemistry, Design and Technology as well as Investigating Science, in which you are ranked first. This means that, should you maintain this optimal rank in these subjects, you will maximise your Assessment Mark in each subject. Additionally, if you also achieve the highest Examination Mark in each subject, there will essentially be no limit to the overall HSC mark that you receive for each subject. This gives you a great opportunity to perform at a standard that can exceed this estimate.

Your position also seems favourable in Mathematics Standard and Biology, although to a slightly lower extent than the aforementioned subjects. Therefore, if you have not yet sat your trial exams, you should do your utmost to prepare and perform well in order to maintain (and if possible, improve) your ranks, placing you in a comfortable position as you approach your HSC exams.

On the other hand, English Advanced is your lowest-performing subject. Because of this, you may need to allocate more study time and be more diligent in your preparations for your trial exam (if you have not yet sat it) as it will be your final opportunity to improve your rank in this subject. Further, the HSC exam is very important given its 50% weighting and hence favourable performance will allow you to receive a higher overall HSC mark.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)