2024 HSC Chat (15 Viewers)

BroccoliSpears

HSC
Hey all, I'm genuinely cooked for my upcoming English Multimodal Assessment.

The assignment involves comparing both a book and a film together to elaborate on any and all similarities they might have due to them being dystopian fiction.

Anyone got any advice in being able to speak an entire two PETAL paragraphs in under 5 minutes from previous experience?

I truly appreciate it tysm!

appleali

HSC
Hey all, I'm genuinely cooked for my upcoming English Multimodal Assessment.

The assignment involves comparing both a book and a film together to elaborate on any and all similarities they might have due to them being dystopian fiction.

Anyone got any advice in being able to speak an entire two PETAL paragraphs in under 5 minutes from previous experience?

I truly appreciate it tysm!
2 petal paragraphs is like 300 words each (and thats on the lengthy side) times 2 = 600 words, and the average speaking rate is like 150 wpm, so around 4 minutes... you will be fine. Don't speak too fast but also not too slow, vary your voice and don't keep it monotone

HSC
2 petal paragraphs is like 300 words each (and thats on the lengthy side) times 2 = 600 words, and the average speaking rate is like 150 wpm, so around 4 minutes... you will be fine. Don't speak too fast but also not too slow, vary your voice and don't keep it monotone
agree with this 5 mins is plenty for 500-600 words just talk like youre interested in the topic

aIlisonnnn

HSC
Has anyone done legal yet?, either independent or whatever, and how did you find it?
mine was an independent paper. it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be. mc was good, short answers were good too. didnt really need to use a lot of different lcmids and mainly just used the same 4 for every question lol. my options questions were about law reform and legal/non legal responses. i chose the law reform one cause i didnt prepare anything for non legal responses lol. i think i did decent for both options. but i ran out of time for crime so i rushed it and only wrote like 5 lines (sadge) the question was "how does the criminal trial process balance (something idk) for offenders society and victims".

i just want a 70% overall then im happy... pls gib ):

aIlisonnnn

HSC
i know i should be scared but i actually can't be bothered with bio anymore i'm actually just gonna wing it completely, can't even be upset with my results because i know i haven't studied enough
i have my exam in 50 mins and idk shit lol. we can suffer together!!

hscccc

HSC
astronomy ok?? at least it wasnt a total critical but close reference is so annoying like what do u do quote parts of it??
astronomy was just what part of the extracts featured. the question was asking us to discuss the purpose/function of literature and how it challenges our ideas or opens us up to new concepts/ideas or whatever. You had to take the ideas of the two stimulus pieces and work out what the theme was, and that it was literature that transports us to worlds we have never been.. Also there was some random debate about the interpretation of art at the very end of text 2, which couldve been discussed. like link it to the module and stuff. It was vague and rlly annoying and a bad topic for a discursive tbh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 8)