• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HSC hot takes (1 Viewer)

spiderfan44

HSC
yeah it may not be the 'easiest' but its still easy gang
its one of the easy subjects, but id say its honestly more difficult than geo for me due to the amount of content and how the ft hsc exam is structured. the assessments are a breeze for me, but the trials and hsc exam suck because there is just a ton of content u need to memorize

hscccc

HSC
im sick of people who think theyre so much better than others because they do 4u and sciences and constantly put down humanities and arts subjects which are a vital part of society. Maths is hard, theres no doubt about it, but it requires a different set of skills than humanities subjects, dare i say not everyone can handle 6 subjects all content heavy that require multiple essays done in less than 40 minutes. People have different interests and we should accept it instead of putting others down.

bcv

HSC
im sick of people who think theyre so much better than others because they do 4u and sciences and constantly put down humanities and arts subjects which are a vital part of society. Maths is hard, theres no doubt about it, but it requires a different set of skills than humanities subjects, dare i say not everyone can handle 6 subjects all content heavy that require multiple essays done in less than 40 minutes. People have different interests and we should accept it instead of putting others down.
i love you

Susu123

HSC
Literally I agree like I would actually kms if I had to write and memorise so many essays, I think sicences and humanities are both hard, just in different ways. Dare I say, I PERSONALLY find humanities harder therefore I dropped business

liamkk112

HSC
so true, id literally fail almost all the humanities subjects

i felt so bad coz at my school there were multiple people who pretty sure got mid band 6 in everything like english adv, visual arts, pdhpe, society and culture, history, legal etc and got significantly lower atar than me (like 2-3 points) even tho i only band 5'd english just coz i did math and science primarily. i agree that subjects like 4u math should be balanced out but i don't think that negative scaling is a good solution, at least put everything on a baseline "neutral scaling" and then bring up certain subjects so people aren't effectively punished for taking subjects they enjoy (or just say that 70 in mx2 = 90 in other subjects etc and thats the whole process)

synthesisFR

HSC

i felt so bad coz at my school there were multiple people who pretty sure got mid band 6 in everything like english adv, visual arts, pdhpe, society and culture, history, legal etc and got significantly lower atar than me (like 2-3 points) even tho i only band 5'd english just coz i did math and science primarily. i agree that subjects like 4u math should be balanced out but i don't think that negative scaling is a good solution, at least put everything on a baseline "neutral scaling" and then bring up certain subjects so people aren't effectively punished for taking subjects they enjoy (or just say that 70 in mx2 = 90 in other subjects etc and thats the whole process)
it would have been fun if instead of 10 units we had to do 16 units and lets say it was minimum 2 math 2 english, and then 6 hsie and 6 science 😍 😍 i love every subject

wollongong warrior

HSC

Mfw all band 6s in humanities results in a low 90s atar, high band 5s in sciences and maths results in mid-high 90s 🤣🤣 nesa is my pookie

spiderfan44

HSC
fr like the majority of people taking science and math for hsc are not going into science degrees or math degrees. theyre trying to get a high atar and do stuff like economics, law, buisness management, etc.

spiderfan44

HSC
fr like the majority of people taking science and math for hsc are not going into science degrees or math degrees. theyre trying to get a high atar and do stuff like economics, law, buisness management, etc.
if people didnt do media degrees i wouldnt have my beloved better call saul

spiderfan44

HSC
like i know ill get marked worse in earth and environmental science than geo. but the earth and environmental science exam feels way more relaxed bcuz at most ill have a 7 mark question and not need to memorize or make or up statistics, meanwhile for geography i have 2 15 mark essays, of which i need to memorize or bs random statistics. doing geo exams feels way more rushed and stressful than earth

spiderfan44

HSC
if i had the option to take a one unit course which just goes over basic hsc math that does not impact on atar or grades, i would take it even if i had to stay back after school. i dont take hsc math because i know it would destroy my atar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)