• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

“Book Club”? (1 Viewer)

aqwerty13402

HSC
omg i started reading this yesterday - is it true it makes u want to kys
please update when you finish. Ive heard it makes people bawl their eyes out. If its true id like to read it to see if i have the same reaction

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
omg i started reading this yesterday - is it true it makes u want to kys
Nah doesn’t make me wanna kms, but like super sad, still think about it. Does send you into a bit of a existential crisis tho
please update when you finish. Ive heard it makes people bawl their eyes out. If its true id like to read it to see if i have the same reaction
I don’t cry in public much, but this made me cry on night shift infront of other people lol.
It wasn’t a bawl more silent tears.

aqwerty13402

HSC
Nah doesn’t make me wanna kms, but like super sad, still think about it. Does send you into a bit of a existential crisis tho

I don’t cry in public much, but this made me cry on night shift infront of other people lol.
its first on my read-list post hsc. im scared

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC

i finished this a few days ago and i cant stop thinking about it

MJRey

HSC
Currently reading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. It's a kids story, I know, but it has some interesting satirical elements I wanted to look at, and I've also heard it's a critique of complex mathematics so I wanted to see if the theories had any merit!

isho-3

HSC
currently on a classics/horror binge and wanna get more material for my read-later list, does anyone have any recs? preferably ones that don't have romance or at least don't have romance as a major plot point/just as a subplot, if you can — romance sometimes turns me away from what i know are really good books (which is why horror is a genuine solace for me, the one major genre in which romance couldn't really matter less)

thanks!! :]

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
I can’t stop thinking about a little life. Honestly it’s a great book and I’m considering rereading it.

I recently read in memoriam by Alice Winn, it was a good read, slow at the beginning but kept me hooked. It is another one of those books that stays in your mind, and isn’t necessarily a happy book.

I find reading trashy romance in between depressing books really works as a good taste cleanser

I’m currently on the hunt for a good horror/psychological horror book that gives me the same uncomfortable feelings as American psycho, or even the feelings a little life bought about.

I’m about to start reading “we need to talk about Kevin” so we will see how that goes

IhateEnglish123

HSC
Well, there's this dystopian series that I enjoyed, and it should be found in most school libraries. It's called Scythe.
If that's not really your type, tell me what your type is, and ill see if I can help :)
this some gay shit fr, you cannot be doing this as a male. I suggest these steps moving forward
1. Get Fit
2. Relish the responsibility
3. Become a sexual dynamo
4. Steer away from Japanese cuisine (ESPECIALLY BOBA AND SUSHI) zo zoy zo soy
5. Sharpen your intellect
6. Be ambitious

sso

HSC
this some gay shit fr, you cannot be doing this as a male. I suggest these steps moving forward
1. Get Fit
2. Relish the responsibility
3. Become a sexual dynamo
4. Steer away from Japanese cuisine (ESPECIALLY BOBA AND SUSHI) zo zoy zo soy
5. Sharpen your intellect
6. Be ambitious
solid advice, thanks mate

fesi2w3

If I don't get a 99+ it's over for everyone
HSC
I can’t stop thinking about a little life. Honestly it’s a great book and I’m considering rereading it.

I recently read in memoriam by Alice Winn, it was a good read, slow at the beginning but kept me hooked. It is another one of those books that stays in your mind, and isn’t necessarily a happy book.

I find reading trashy romance in between depressing books really works as a good taste cleanser

I’m currently on the hunt for a good horror/psychological horror book that gives me the same uncomfortable feelings as American psycho, or even the feelings a little life bought about.

I’m about to start reading “we need to talk about Kevin” so we will see how that goes
I was impressed with how good the characterisation was in ALL, really hit close to home to read about Jude. I have to say it was real cathartic if I ignored some of the smaller stuff, although it definitely felt a bit like the author was going through a laundry list of how to make him suffer with no real added depth or reason other than to squeeze some more sympathy at times. If you have similar recs to ALL then I'd love to hear them! :smile:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)