• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Any help with Jasper Jones By Craig Silvey & Lion ? (1 Viewer)

4lulai

HSC
Hey yall, i have my english exam on the movie lion (2016) and the book Jasper Jones by Craig silvey.
Ibr, i have never read the book or watched the movie for any english exam and ive always managed to get a high B-low A. My exam is pretty soon and im lowkey feeling nervous for this one though so if anyone has any type of analysis table, quotes or general notes/help with these texts, i would be so so grateful.

spiderfan44

HSC
Hey yall, i have my english exam on the movie lion (2016) and the book Jasper Jones by Craig silvey.
Ibr, i have never read the book or watched the movie for any english exam and ive always managed to get a high B-low A. My exam is pretty soon and im lowkey feeling nervous for this one though so if anyone has any type of analysis table, quotes or general notes/help with these texts, i would be so so grateful.
i did shit for prelims but heres the quotes i did for jasper jones

"this town thinks im an animal. they think i belong in a cage". zoomorphism - demonstrates jasper is treated so poorly by the town folk that they treat him like an animal. historical context - aboriginal people were classified as flora and fauna in australian census until 1967.

"jasper is hauled onto the sage by dark men in uniform... I wait, Jasper is kicked and beaten... I wait'. contrast - contrasting of brutal description of beating with repetition of 'i wait'. beating symbolizes the mistreatment of aboriginals in corrigan. "i wait" symbolizes the towns complanecy towards racism. demonstrates how being complacent towards racism only worsens it, as jasper continues to be beaten despite 'i wait' being stated. shows only direct action can stop racism and simply not contributing to it doesnt help

scence 1 act 1 - jasper offers charlie a ciggy 'it.. it's just that ive smoked so many tonight im already full'. act 1 scene 3 after dumping body 'hey jasper.. i reckon im ready for a cig now'. ciggy symbolizies maturity, ciggies associated with adults., initially charlie rejects ciggy - shows hes immature initially. after dumping lauras body and going through trauma, charlie now accepts ciggy, symbolizing hes matured quickly due to trauma

'i want to invite jasper with me.. but i cant. because thats now how corrigan works'. truncated sentence. charlie initally immature and thinks he can invite jasper. trunction of sentence with 'but i cant' represents charlie idealistic thinking disrupted by his more mature mindset. shows that maturing made him aware of harsh reality of racism in corrigan, also has made him complacent somewhat

bloomd5412

HSC
"this town thinks im an animal. they think i belong in a cage". zoomorphism - demonstrates jasper is treated so poorly by the town folk that they treat him like an animal. historical context - aboriginal people were classified as flora and fauna in australian census until 1967.
THIS QUOTE ATE OMG. using this tysm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)