• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

am I cooked (1 Viewer)

harperissleepy

HSC
I got some of my trial marks back and I feel absolutely COOKED,,, I do cssa ones

bio: 51% ☠ (idk average but judging by my rank I'm assuming its around 50%)
math std: 68% (average was 55%)
ees: 72% (the average)
sor1: 62% (average was like 75%)

really disappointed abt sor1 cuz my average is 80% ish usually
I haven't got geo or eng back

I want an atar of at least 77, but aiming for 85% or more

I don't want people to be stupid in the replies I'm in a shit mood tbh and lowkey very frustrated that I haven't done better despite studying hard for my subjects (except sor1... that was neglected)

pablo34

HSC
N/A
I got some of my trial marks back and I feel absolutely COOKED,,, I do cssa ones

I don't want people to be stupid in the replies I'm in a shit mood tbh and lowkey very frustrated that I haven't done better despite studying hard for my subjects (except sor1... that was neglected)
what exactly r u trying to ask because only you would know if you're cooked...

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC

dont worry you absolutely can i believe in you 🙏 for example, my sister in maths std 2 got like 38% for trials, pretty sure she was last - she worked really hard for the hsc and even with her bad rank she got a mid band 4. i think got an atar of about 84 even with no band 6s. now think, you’re not last, you’re about the average - if you work hard you can absolutely get band 5s and 6s for all of those and get that 77+ atar

Bastani

HSC

yh i think you can get like a max of 45 atar or som idk

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Given your marks and your cohort's average marks, your ranks will likely drop, especially if you performed at a higher standard in your previous assessment tasks/exams. However, I agree with katiekms that your minimum ATAR goal should still be achievable. Your chances of achieving an ATAR of at least 77 will depend on your final ranks across your subjects as well as your HSC exam performance. With trials now over, there is nothing more you can do regarding your ranks. Your focus must now shift to your upcoming HSC exams, which constitute a great opportunity for you to achieve your minimum ATAR goal since they contribute the remaining 50% of your overall HSC marks for your subjects.

On the other hand, an 85+ ATAR will be more difficult to achieve. With that being said, I think that you may have a chance to reach an ATAR in that range. For this, you will need to perform at a higher standard in your HSC exams than that needed to achieve a 77 ATAR. I echo vajayjay's suggestion in saying that your chances of achieving your minimum and your desired ATAR will heavily depend on the effectiveness of your preparations for your HSC exams.

I hope this helps! 😄

harperissleepy

HSC
dont worry you absolutely can i believe in you 🙏 for example, my sister in maths std 2 got like 38% for trials, pretty sure she was last - she worked really hard for the hsc and even with her bad rank she got a mid band 4. i think got an atar of about 84 even with no band 6s. now think, you’re not last, you’re about the average - if you work hard you can absolutely get band 5s and 6s for all of those and get that 77+ atar
THANK YOU!!! legend frfr

harperissleepy

HSC
Given your marks and your cohort's average marks, your ranks will likely drop, especially if you performed at a higher standard in your previous assessment tasks/exams. However, I agree with katiekms that your minimum ATAR goal should still be achievable. Your chances of achieving an ATAR of at least 77 will depend on your final ranks across your subjects as well as your HSC exam performance. With trials now over, there is nothing more you can do regarding your ranks. Your focus must now shift to your upcoming HSC exams, which constitute a great opportunity for you to achieve your minimum ATAR goal since they contribute the remaining 50% of your overall HSC marks for your subjects.

On the other hand, an 85+ ATAR will be more difficult to achieve. With that being said, I think that you may have a chance to reach an ATAR in that range. For this, you will need to perform at a higher standard in your HSC exams than that needed to achieve a 77 ATAR. I echo vajayjay's suggestion in saying that your chances of achieving your minimum and your desired ATAR will heavily depend on the effectiveness of your preparations for your HSC exams.

I hope this helps! 😄
thank you jimmy 🙏🙏🙏🔥🔥

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC

I hope this helps! 😄
i feel honoured being referenced 🤭

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)