• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ATAR Prediction plsplsplspls (4 Viewers)

Test-king12

Banned
HSC
okay 😞, its just I stick my marks into some atar calculators and it spits out like 99, but I was expecting low 90s
its because your school rank is really bad so you likely have a tonne of grade inflation which makes i look like your marks are really good when in reality your marks will be adjusted down in the actual HSC to match your cohort's performance.

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
its because your school rank is really bad so you likely have a tonne of grade inflation which makes i look like your marks are really good when in reality your marks will be adjusted down in the actual HSC to match your cohort's performance.
can that mean my school's performance then could adjust up? I am in a top 50 school, known relatively well for their maths dep. Do think top 10-15 for e1 would be sufficient for a decent like 48/50? or do u think thats pushing it? ~30b6 / yr.

Gods_Spear

HSC
I just stuck my trial marks into the calculator, and my school buys independent papers. Do you reckon trials are much easier then the actual HSC, cause I been looking at past HSC's in maths and physics for example, and they look honestly a bit easier then our trials

Test-king12

Banned
HSC
can that mean my school's performance then could adjust up? I am in a top 50 school, known relatively well for their maths dep. Do think top 10-15 for e1 would be sufficient for a decent like 48/50? or do u think thats pushing it? ~30b6 / yr.
yea definitely, better your cohort does better you do, id say 48/50 is reasonable.

Test-king12

Banned
HSC
I just stuck my trial marks into the calculator, and my school buys independent papers. Do you reckon trials are much easier then the actual HSC, cause I been looking at past HSC's in maths and physics for example, and they look honestly a bit easier then our trials
not all trials are harder than the hsc but id say most are. just depends on the school you go to. it would be possible for you to get maybe a 90 if you do really well in the HSC but i dont know bout 96.

igor9

HSC
96+ is not really the goal just the farfetched if I pull of a good run at the HSC could I possibly get that mark. I think 90+ is definitely more the current goal
yea, try aim for 96 and even if u don't get that just see where you will land. with this mindset maybe you exceed ur expectations too.

Cooking?

HSC
These guys are waffling a lot. But for real though those are your marks pre-alignment. Since you're sitting pretty well in your cohort your marks should not be affected as much. Btw your marks have not even been aligned yet, with alignment which is affected by 0 factors, don't matter what school you go to or what rank you are you are defo looking at 96. Others will say its a "stretch" but trust, you can cook just forget the haters.

Test-king12

Banned
HSC
These guys are waffling a lot. But for real though those are your marks pre-alignment. Since you're sitting pretty well in your cohort your marks should not be affected as much. Btw your marks have not even been aligned yet, with alignment which is affected by 0 factors, don't matter what school you go to or what rank you are you are defo looking at 96. Others will say its a "stretch" but trust, you can cook just forget the haters.
i really dont think you have a clue what you are talking about you are probably in a similar or worse position and are just trying to make yourself feel better, maybe a 90 is possible but i really do not see him getting a 96 whatsoever

igor9

HSC
what rank you are
are you daft mate? why do u think internals exist then if the rank doesn't matter??? it obviously does and maybe your just being oblivious to these facts to give someone false hope, besides if he doesn't need 96 it really doesn't matter at the end of the day.

KloppsAndRobbers

HSC
i really dont think you have a clue what you are talking about you are probably in a similar or worse position and are just trying to make yourself feel better, maybe a 90 is possible but i really do not see him getting a 96 whatsoever
are you daft mate? why do u think internals exist then if the rank doesn't matter??? it obviously does and maybe your just being oblivious to these facts to give someone false hope, besides if he doesn't need 96 it really doesn't matter at the end of the day.
Tbf to him people can get 95 with just 1-2 band 6s as long as the other subjects are mid to high band 5s. I've seen 94 atars at really shitty schools with 1 or no band 6s. Let him aim for his 96 or whatever he wants to, it's not impossible lol. Why would anyone aim low anyways? That's retarded.

HSC
My school is ranked 270-300 and I think we get something around 2-3 B6's every year for the subjects I do. Is 96+ possible?

Subject-trial mark-overall rank

Maths Advanced - 91 - 1/40ish
Maths Ext 1 - 40.5/70 😭 - 5/16ish
Eng Adv - 86.5 - 13/prob around 60 (I came 6th in the trial but choked some earlier tasks)
Eng Ext - 86 - 4/12
Anc His - 97 - 2/30ish (so sad I did not come 1st with this mark, the person beating me will most likely state rank though)
His Ext - 96 - 3/25ish (came second in trial, vs the same person in Anc, they got 100, best work my teacher has ever seen and theyve had state rankers before, so hopefully they do)
Phy - 90 - 1/18
I reckon you will achieve your goal of 85+
idk how hard your school internals are but if it is similar to the hsc and if you keep up the performance I reckon you can get 90+ comfortably

coolcat6778

HSC
I reckon you will achieve your goal of 85+
idk how hard your school internals are but if it is similar to the hsc and if you keep up the performance I reckon you can get 90+ comfortably
Bet you cheated in maths. No way someone doing history and english extension can be good at maths🤡

Test-king12

Banned
HSC
Tbf to him people can get 95 with just 1-2 band 6s as long as the other subjects are mid to high band 5s. I've seen 94 atars at really shitty schools with 1 or no band 6s. Let him aim for his 96 or whatever he wants to, it's not impossible lol. Why would anyone aim low anyways? That's retarded.
yea fair but he was asking for a realistic predication not a bunch of hypemen, if he and the people above him do well in the HSC he could quite easily get 96+ too.

enchantedivory27

HSC
My school is ranked 270-300 and I think we get something around 2-3 B6's every year for the subjects I do. Is 96+ possible?

Subject-trial mark-overall rank

Maths Advanced - 91 - 1/40ish
Maths Ext 1 - 40.5/70 😭 - 5/16ish
Eng Adv - 86.5 - 13/prob around 60 (I came 6th in the trial but choked some earlier tasks)
Eng Ext - 86 - 4/12
Anc His - 97 - 2/30ish (so sad I did not come 1st with this mark, the person beating me will most likely state rank though)
His Ext - 96 - 3/25ish (came second in trial, vs the same person in Anc, they got 100, best work my teacher has ever seen and theyve had state rankers before, so hopefully they do)
Phy - 90 - 1/18
wow 3 extension subjects r u ok

Cooking?

HSC
yea fair but he was asking for a realistic predication not a bunch of hypemen, if he and the people above him do well in the HSC he could quite easily get 96+ too.
I don't understand you contradict yourself too much. With where he is sitting its clear he is in 96 atar territory especially as people have done midder than him and achieved 93s-95s, so 96 is on the cards why can't he just play them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)