• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Gateway UNSW (6 Viewers)

igor9

HSC
we should be the ones complaining mate, you just gotta pull your own weight and not waste our hard earned money that we pay in taxes.

Test-king12

Banned
HSC
see people like this offer resources and im sure they are still much cheaper than tutoring.

spideysgirl

HSC
bruh no shit if you live of centerlink you wont be able to support your family they should just work harder and get a job like my parents. i just googled it and centerlink give like 450 dollars a week so if you go to like a budget tuition it wouldn't cost that much and i dont really know the price of thing but im sure living doesn't cost more than that
this is a bot

spiderfan44

HSC
i will steal a spot in the bachelor of science program from someone very hardworking who attended a 40k private school with 3.5k per term tutoring using the powers of eas and exam disability provisions. i will also increase house prices by 10% in my area by going into science instead of following my family tradition of being a tradie. i have established a secret society of eas and gateway participants, our plan is to collapse australias economy so we can get freddos for 50 cents again.

Test-king12

Banned
HSC
i will steal a spot in the bachelor of science program from someone very hardworking who attended a 40k private school with 3.5k per term tutoring using the powers of eas. i will also increase house prices by 10% in my area by going into science instead of following my family tradition of being a tradie. i have established a secret society of eas and gateway participants, our plan is to collapse australias economy so we can get freddos for 50 cents again.
oh you don't worry, no one from a 40k private school is going for a bachelor of science especially if they spend 3.5k on tutoring unless its in mathematics (which you aren't stealing anyone's spot in whatsoever due to your unfortunate WMI and processing speed) or part of a double degree. The house prices thing isn't a problem actually id prefer if they increased as my family owns many.

igor9

HSC
i will steal a spot in the bachelor of science program from someone very hardworking who attended a 40k private school with 3.5k per term tutoring using the powers of eas and exam disability provisions. i will also increase house prices by 10% in my area by going into science instead of following my family tradition of being a tradie. i have established a secret society of eas and gateway participants, our plan is to collapse australias economy so we can get freddos for 50 cents again.
right on the money mate. people like you should be removed from this country, and don't worry about house prices, I will be just fine.

spideysgirl

HSC
you funny

Test-king12

Banned
HSC
also i forgot to mention something else idiots get in via gateway stealing the spot of someone competent then just drop out because they are too stupid and were gifted it.

igor9

HSC
idk why u ppl are complaining? alongside being a tard, u are also a woman, and get 10+ points for just doing a certain course. as a male who goes to a 40k+ year private school, I actually gotta work hard to get into my uni courses, as I don't receive any extra points for just being a certain type of person. mate don't complain until you live the hard life.

fijifrotter

HSC
oh come off it. kids who apply for these access schemes work SO HARD to be given the opportunity.

You said it yourself; "network , better access to resources, more academically inclined peers, better teachers and pastoral support and better access to opportunities and facilities. the teaching being better is evident since private schools don't necessarily take in academically gifted students at the start of year 7 but their students end up performing similar or better than those at selective schools and almost always much better than those at normal public schools."

how is this fair and providing equality? You will likely get in on academic merit, due to the factors you provided above. A student who does not have access to these opportunities cannot rely on that. Everyone works hard in their HSC. to suggest not is so ignorant and quite frankly, you come off as jealous as you perceive it as 'an easy way in' You are not disadvantaged because someone else is. no one is taking away your place.

Im not going to say anything else because there seems to be a lot of sheltered people in this thread that do not realise the struggles a lot of people go through as teenagers. Arguing about this is pointless, because I know I wont change your mind. Just because you havent seen it, doesnt mean its not happening. We all do the same course, yes, but not everyone has equal access. Not all schools have 'free tutors.' Gateway entry and other similar schemes would not exist if there were not disadvantages students face.
waa waaa i want my 80 atar to get me into a 95+ degree because i cant work hard enough.... everyone rich who pays taxes and funds my family have it so easy....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)