• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Extra Writing Booklets (2 Viewers)

Chiprr

Somewhat Active Member
HSC
My teacher was trying to explain how to approach using extra booklets in the exam if you run out of space and I think he explained it pretty poorly and I don't really understand. When should a new booklet be started? For each question (booklet for q28 which might have 3 parts)? or for each individual part of a question (28a booklet, 28b booklet, 28c booklet - obviously only if necessary)?

This probably only applies to 7/9 markers, but what if you run out of space for multiple 4-6 mark explanations? do they each have their own booklet if in separate questions?

HSC
a new booklet is started when you run out of space in the original thats about the only reason

its very common to require new booklets you just have to label "continued" or smth like that and the new booklet needs to have your continued question number/part clearly labelled

whether you run out of space for 2 markers or 20 markers you're allowed to use new booklets if you're out of room
correct me if im wrong

Chiprr

Somewhat Active Member
HSC
a new booklet is started when you run out of space in the original thats about the only reason

its very common to require new booklets you just have to label "continued" or smth like that and the new booklet needs to have your continued question number/part clearly labelled

whether you run out of space for 2 markers or 20 markers you're allowed to use new booklets if you're out of room
correct me if im wrong
Am I allowed to have like q24a and q27c in the same booklet, or do they need to be separate because the hsc markers only receive specific questions to mark so there should be an associated booklet for each question that extra space was needed?

HSC
Am I allowed to have like q24a and q27c in the same booklet, or do they need to be separate because the hsc markers only receive specific questions to mark so there should be an associated booklet for each question that extra space was needed?
I think separate bcz there's a diff marker for every question

but I'm not certain is there any other teacher you can ask, or see if NESA website has anything about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)