• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

is a 70 still possible based on assessment marks? (2 Viewers)

neuvie

HSC
I have the same worries as well, although i have done decent-good in a lot of my subjects there are some where i have been not so good- particularly extension history, so i worry about that!

If you get an answer let me know. You arent alone in your worries, if that makes you feel any better :)
hi there, just to update you that some people have been answering here! :tongue:

HSC
hi there, just to update you that some people have been answering here! :tongue:
Thank you!! Ive made my own post about it too now, also question…someone mentioned getting up previous school averages and band 6s, im not as familiar with how hsc marks work aside from rankings, why would this matter? Ahh sorry if its a silly question

zzz5428

HSC
Thank you!! Ive made my own post about it too now, also question…someone mentioned getting up previous school averages and band 6s, im not as familiar with how hsc marks work aside from rankings, why would this matter? Ahh sorry if its a silly question
Schools have varying difficulties in exams. For example, schools like James Ruse and North Sydney Boys would typically have much more difficult exams and stricter marking than schools ranked in the 300s. So often the average assessment marks in those high ranking schools are a lot lower than the average assessment mark in a rank 300 school.

Providing the b6 rates kinda gives an indicator of how difficult your school exams are and allows others to see if you can get a b6 or not. E.g. you are rank 7/52 for some subject. 2023 had 12 people get a b6 for that subject. This means you are very likely to achieve a b6. Alternatively if you are ranked 18/52, you would likely be sitting around a mid to high b5.

neuvie

HSC
Schools have varying difficulties in exams. For example, schools like James Ruse and North Sydney Boys would typically have much more difficult exams and stricter marking than schools ranked in the 300s. So often the average assessment marks in those high ranking schools are a lot lower than the average assessment mark in a rank 300 school.

Providing the b6 rates kinda gives an indicator of how difficult your school exams are and allows others to see if you can get a b6 or not. E.g. you are rank 7/52 for some subject. 2023 had 12 people get a b6 for that subject. This means you are very likely to achieve a b6. Alternatively if you are ranked 18/52, you would likely be sitting around a mid to high b5.
hi there, just a sort of follow up on that as ive stated the band 6s for my school, how relatively difficult do you think my school's assessments are? an approximation is okay, or if you're unsure that is all good. thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)