• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

unsw gateway program - early offer (2 Viewers)

Pielavender1234

HSC
One of my friends applied for double law and unfortunately did not get it, she got a B in legal and engadv. However someone else I know did get in, as they got A in Engadv, Eng Ext1, and Legal. So they kinda do look at your marks and your personal statement. However there is no cap on any courses except for Optometry and Medicine, so you should have a decent chance. There is always Round 2 as well, if you are unlucky for round 1.

breadison

HSC
One of my friends applied for double law and unfortunately did not get it, she got a B in legal and engadv. However someone else I know did get in, as they got A in Engadv, Eng Ext1, and Legal. So they kinda do look at your marks and your personal statement. However there is no cap on any courses except for Optometry and Medicine, so you should have a decent chance. There is always Round 2 as well, if you are unlucky for round 1.
when is round 1 and round 2?

breadison

HSC
Round 1 already finished. Round 2 is currently open and closes mid November. However this round only gives out conditional offers. But you dont have to worry, you can only apply to the gateway program in Year 12
Tbh, I'll take any offer I can, unconditional or conditional. It's better than nothing. Oh yeah, I forgot to ask for the friend who did get the offer was it conditional or unconditional? And were those the subjects that she got an A in?

Pielavender1234

HSC
Tbh, I'll take any offer I can, unconditional or conditional. It's better than nothing. Oh yeah, I forgot to ask for the friend who did get the offer was it conditional or unconditional? And were those the subjects that she got an A in?
She got a conditional offer of 85 with no LAT, which is more achievable than the original requirement. and yeah those were the subjects she got A in.

breadison

HSC
She got a conditional offer of 85 with no LAT, which is more achievable than the original requirement. and yeah those were the subjects she got A in.
damnn how did the first friend not get it? that's a bit concerning, maybe it was their personal statement?

Pielavender1234

HSC
Maybe her personal statement was not so great. but with her experience she was just hoping that she could get into UNSW law through gateway, and after she failed, she immediately signed up for the LAT exam happening this Monday. She has little practice and hasnt revised much like some others have been doing since May. Advice I would give you is to not solely hope you might get even a conditional offer at UNSW, apply and practice for LAT from the beginning just in case gateway doesn't work out.

breadison

HSC
Maybe her personal statement was not so great. but with her experience she was just hoping that she could get into UNSW law through gateway, and after she failed, she immediately signed up for the LAT exam happening this Monday. She has little practice and hasnt revised much like some others have been doing since May. Advice I would give you is to not solely hope you might get even a conditional offer at UNSW, apply and practice for LAT from the beginning just in case gateway doesn't work out.
Righttt thank you very much for the help, highly appreciated and goodluck for your hsc!

skzza

HSC
adv english: B
adv maths: B
ext maths: B
legal: B
modern: A
business: A
sor 1: A

I honestly expected so much more from legal and adv maths but prelims screwed me over so badly.
Bro I got a C and the rest like A's and B's and got unconditional law you're fine 💀💀 just yap about law in your personal statement and you'll get in easily 🙏🙏

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)