• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

atar prediction please ๐Ÿ˜ข (2 Viewers)

skzza

HSC
my schools rank is pre unpredictable its gone from 60-140 in the past couple of years but apparently our cohort is really strong so they're expecting we get in the top 100 ๐Ÿ™

subject | rank | avg b6 in the last 4 years

Eng Adv: 10/105 | ~12
Math 2U: 2/66 | ~8
Math 3U: 12/17 | ~6 (praying this doesn't count ๐Ÿ˜ญ)
Chem: 3/42 | ~2
Bio: 5/77 | ~7
PDHPE: 6/69 | ~2
(our cohorts a lot stronger for chem + pdhpe from previous years so we're expecting a lot more for both ๐Ÿ™)

thank youu

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phรฉnix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
From this information, you seem to be on track with an ATAR between 94.5 and 95.5. Your performance is essentially favourable across your subjects, with some subjects being better than others.

Mathematics Advanced appears to be your best-performing subject, meaning that it is likely to make a very positive contribution to your ATAR. It is therefore important that you continue to apply your effective study strategy as you continue to prepare for this subject's HSC exam, allowing you to solidify your overall performance. English Advanced and Chemistry are also some of your better-performing subjects. As such, they are also likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR.

The same can be suggested, although perhaps to a slightly lower extent, about your position in Biology and PDHPE. This means that there is greater room for improvement in these subjects compared to your better-performing ones. You should therefore allocate additional study time towards each as you continue preparing for their HSC exam. This will hopefully allow you to improve your overall performance in each through favourable HSC exam performance, consequently increasing your chances of a higher ATAR.

This brings us to Mathematics Extension 1, which seems to be your lowest-performing subject. The fact that you are taking 11 units means that this subject is unlikely to count towards your ATAR at this stage, although favourable HSC exam performance could change that. You may thus wish to consider placing greater emphasis on this subject as you approach your HSC exams.

I hope this helps! ๐Ÿ˜„

skzza

HSC
From this information, you seem to be on track with an ATAR between 94.5 and 95.5. Your performance is essentially favourable across your subjects, with some subjects being better than others.

Mathematics Advanced appears to be your best-performing subject, meaning that it is likely to make a very positive contribution to your ATAR. It is therefore important that you continue to apply your effective study strategy as you continue to prepare for this subject's HSC exam, allowing you to solidify your overall performance. English Advanced and Chemistry are also some of your better-performing subjects. As such, they are also likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR.

The same can be suggested, although perhaps to a slightly lower extent, about your position in Biology and PDHPE. This means that there is greater room for improvement in these subjects compared to your better-performing ones. You should therefore allocate additional study time towards each as you continue preparing for their HSC exam. This will hopefully allow you to improve your overall performance in each through favourable HSC exam performance, consequently increasing your chances of a higher ATAR.

This brings us to Mathematics Extension 1, which seems to be your lowest-performing subject. The fact that you are taking 11 units means that this subject is unlikely to count towards your ATAR at this stage, although favourable HSC exam performance could change that. You may thus wish to consider placing greater emphasis on this subject as you approach your HSC exams.

I hope this helps! ๐Ÿ˜„
Do you think I have a chance to get 96-97 if I push for a high b5 in chemistry and pdhpe and b6 in everything else? ๐Ÿ˜ญ

jimmysmith560

Le Phรฉnix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you think I have a chance to get 96-97 if I push for a high b5 in chemistry and pdhpe and b6 in everything else? ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Yes, you are not far from an ATAR around 96-97, meaning that if you can create a more significant difference by performing favourably in your HSC exams (ideally, the more band 6's, the better), you would have a good chance of reaching this range.

skzza

HSC
Yes, you are not far from an ATAR around 96-97, meaning that if you can create a more significant difference by performing favourably in your HSC exams (ideally, the more band 6's, the better), you would have a good chance of reaching this range.
Thank you!!!

skzza

HSC
why do u need 96-97? it is good to have goals but it aint the end of the world if u already get into ur course.
I mean yeah tbh I don't even need a good atar I got unconditional early entry but like I worked so hard the whole year to try get good ranks its a waste to just get the minimum I can achieve yk ๐Ÿ˜” I already dropped ranks a fair bit in most of my subjects so I wanna push as high as I can go rn โœŠ

Demons

HSC
I mean yeah tbh I don't even need a good atar I got unconditional early entry but like I worked so hard the whole year to try get good ranks its a waste to just get the minimum I can achieve yk ๐Ÿ˜” I already dropped ranks a fair bit in most of my subjects so I wanna push as high as I can go rn โœŠ
exactly what I'm doing, I already have the offer, I just want to see how far I can go.

igor9

HSC
yea same but idrc care anymore i rather spend more time on uni applications to get into the course i want than atar if i can get in with moderate work, and i aint wanting to do med or law so idgaf.

igor9

HSC
exactly what I'm doing, I already have the offer, I just want to see how far I can go.
fair enough ig i will try that too, i just kinda dropped the ball a bit after term 1 this yr coz i realised the atar reqs were lower compared to what i was sweating for.

skzza

HSC
yeaa u get me its like the satisfaction of knowing you tried your best and you got a good mark ๐Ÿ™

yea same but idrc care anymore i rather spend more time on uni applications to get into the course i want than atar if i can get in with moderate work, and i aint wanting to do med or law so idgaf.
ohh okok that makes sense then tbh โœŠ

Solarised

HSC
Thats a a good mind set keep on pushing to reach your potential

igor9

HSC
yeaa u get me its like the satisfaction of knowing you tried your best and you got a good mark ๐Ÿ™

ohh okok that makes sense then tbh โœŠ
yea but the uni stuff is done after tmr so then ig the only thing i gotta think abt is hsc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)