• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

year 11 atar prediction based off of prelims mark (2 Viewers)

mewtwo12

HSC
I have gotten the majority of my marks back ( apart from business) my school is top 40 ranked. Btw I am not including biology bc I am dropping and picking up history ext.

My marks:
Modern -> 92%
Legal -> 89%
Business -> I haven't received my mark back yet but my rank is 8th and we typically get 25 band 6s every year
English -> 90%
Maths Adv -> 78%

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
I have gotten the majority of my marks back ( apart from business) my school is top 40 ranked. Btw I am not including biology bc I am dropping and picking up history ext.

My marks:
Modern -> 92%
Legal -> 89%
Business -> I haven't received my mark back yet but my rank is 8th and we typically get 25 band 6s every year
English -> 90%
Maths Adv -> 78%
u haven't provided b6 ranges and I can tell u rn a lot changes in yr 11. Theres no point in getting your hopes up or overly fixate on the fact that you're traveling well in the prelims and therefore the hsc will be a breeze, because u WILL become complacent.

iloveeggs

HSC
if youre ranked average to high in most of them i would say around 95 roughly but to be 100% real with you your y11 marks are a horrible indication of your y12 marks.

iloveeggs

HSC
u haven't provided b6 ranges and I can tell u rn a lot changes in yr 11. Theres no point in getting your hopes up or overly fixate on the fact that you're traveling well in the prelims and therefore the hsc will be a breeze, because u WILL become complacent.
thank goodness someone said it.

also at the end of y10 would you have been able to guess your y11 marks very accurately? probably not. what makes you think you can guess your y12 marks already?

mewtwo12

HSC
I found year 11 significantly easier, b6 most of my prelims. Trust me I would not be worrying about things like atar now, just focus on studying my guy
my school is giving atar predictions next term so i just wanna prepare myself for the worst thats it 😭

Demons

HSC
my school is giving atar predictions next term so i just wanna prepare myself for the worst thats it 😭
It might get worse in year 12, but just study consistently and you'll beat any ATAR prediction that your school gives you.

some schools intentionally give you low estimates for ATAR so that you work harder and beat that prediction (at least from what I've seen)

iloveeggs

HSC
mine is too, but they genuinely dont mean anything. you will not be the same person in a year you would get better or worse but unlikely that you would stay the same

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)