• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

what degrees arent saturated (2 Viewers)

nzs

HSC
I was deadset on law but I feel like there are too many lawyers and not too many jobs. Instead of this I was going to do psychology but it's the same and I've heard it's almost impossible to get into honours, what are some alternative degrees that probably have stable future career options. I won't be getting above 95 atar and I'm not planning to do medicine so pls help.

idkkdi

HSC
I was deadset on law but I feel like there are too many lawyers and not too many jobs. Instead of this I was going to do psychology but it's the same and I've heard it's almost impossible to get into honours, what are some alternative degrees that probably have stable future career options. I won't be getting above 95 atar and I'm not planning to do medicine so pls help.
some engineering

Reactions: nzs

Ksalu

>:))
HSC
If you really like a career path/degree, you will likely do well in it. If you do well in it, how saturated an industry is doesn’t matter to a certain extent.

if you like law I reckon you go for it. You’ll likely need to do a double degree with law anyways which will open more doors for you if you can’t manage to become a lawyer.

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
If you really like a career path/degree, you will likely do well in it. If you do well in it, how saturated an industry is doesn’t matter to a certain extent.

if you like law I reckon you go for it. You’ll likely need to do a double degree with law anyways which will open more doors for you if you can’t manage to become a lawyer.
the lord has risen

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
most of the high-demand jobs rn aren't super competitive to get into. things like teaching, nursing, trades

liamkk112

HSC
health stuff (doesn't have to be medicine, includes nurses and all that stuff), teaching, engineering in a lot of industries (especially with the renewable boom that's happening), construction stuff, etc, usually anything thats "public" or infrastructure related is secure because there's always a demand.

these are pretty stable jobs, but doesn't necessarily mean the most well paying, it kinda makes sense that more lucrative financially jobs are also the less secure jobs as they're usually more competitive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)