• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

4u complex num (1 Viewer)

Tryingtodowell

HSC
N/A
in the 4u complex topic when im doing the exercises there are questions that asks to prove something or show like one below:
1727844384723.png
are these types commonly assessed in school topic test exams etc? because I struggle to get some of these 😭😭 (new to 4u btw)
Are these stuff integral for 4u or can I get away from not doing them (please dont bash me 💀 just asking coz I have no clue of the severity of 4u yet)

thankss

Attachments

fluffchuck

HSC
Uni Grad
This question in particular does appear a few times in past HSC/trial exam papers. I would definitely recommend that you attempt & practice these questions! Reason being: there are many other Extension 2 questions of similar difficulty (if not, even more difficult).

Was there a particular step in these solutions that you are finding confusing? Am more than happy to help out :)

Sus24

HSC
in the 4u complex topic when im doing the exercises there are questions that asks to prove something or show like one below:
View attachment 44408
are these types commonly assessed in school topic test exams etc? because I struggle to get some of these 😭😭 (new to 4u btw)
Are these stuff integral for 4u or can I get away from not doing them (please dont bash me 💀 just asking coz I have no clue of the severity of 4u yet)

thankss
These questions are pretty common, but from what I have seen they usually involve numeric results, so you have to use this conjugate root theorem rather than to prove it algebraically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)