• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ATAR Prediction!!!! JIMMY (1 Viewer)

billy10101

HSC
1727675158413.png

School is ranked around the 200s in the past few years.

Aim is 80 ATAR!!

billy10101

HSC
did you get an early offer from any of them? If so, They you shouldn't really worry about your ATAR just do your best and it will all work out.
i didnt do maq early entry and got rejected from uts :oldfrown:

Demons

goated member
HSC
I mean try your best to get the 80 ATAR but if you can't there's this thing called UTS college (idk if you've heard of it) it gives you a diploma for one year then you fast track to 2nd yr of your course. But be weary that it is pretty expensive. (depending on the course) So basically it is pay to win by bypassing your atar.

Neogotmyback

HSC
buddy don't give up. Even if you get below the selection rank, keep it in ur uac preferences. There are multiple rounds of acceptance and heaps of people pull out before uni starts. You got this :D

ihatehsc24

HSC
buddy don't give up. Even if you get below the selection rank, keep it in ur uac preferences. There are multiple rounds of acceptance and heaps of people pull out before uni starts. You got this :D
Isn't there only 2 offer rounds for year 12s?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
From this information, your current performance is likely consistent with an ATAR of up to 75. Overall, your position in some of your subjects may indicate that those subjects can make a sufficiently high contribution to your ATAR that is consistent with your ATAR goal. However, your position in the rest of your subjects is less favourable. As such, your lower-performing subjects may hinder you from achieving your ATAR goal at this stage. Of course, the fact that you are yet to sit your HSC exams is important, given that they contribute the remaining 50% of your overall HSC marks for your subjects, making them a great opportunity for you to improve your overall performance, ultimately bringing you closer to your ATAR goal. In terms of specific subject performance:
  • Mathematics Advanced, Ancient History and Business Studies are your better-performing subjects. You should capitalise on this as you prepare for your HSC exams. Favourable HSC exam performance will enhance the contribution made by these subjects to your ATAR, thanks to the resulting better overall HSC marks.
  • English Standard and Biology are your lower-performing subjects. Because of this, you may wish to consider placing greater emphasis on your preparations for their HSC exam. Favourable HSC exam performance would help improve your overall performance and reduces the chances of these subjects preventing you from reaching your desired ATAR.
I hope this helps! :D

billy10101

HSC
From this information, your current performance is likely consistent with an ATAR of up to 75. Overall, your position in some of your subjects may indicate that those subjects can make a sufficiently high contribution to your ATAR that is consistent with your ATAR goal. However, your position in the rest of your subjects is less favourable. As such, your lower-performing subjects may hinder you from achieving your ATAR goal at this stage. Of course, the fact that you are yet to sit your HSC exams is important, given that they contribute the remaining 50% of your overall HSC marks for your subjects, making them a great opportunity for you to improve your overall performance, ultimately bringing you closer to your ATAR goal. In terms of specific subject performance:
  • Mathematics Advanced, Ancient History and Business Studies are your better-performing subjects. You should capitalise on this as you prepare for your HSC exams. Favourable HSC exam performance will enhance the contribution made by these subjects to your ATAR, thanks to the resulting better overall HSC marks.
  • English Standard and Biology are your lower-performing subjects. Because of this, you may wish to consider placing greater emphasis on your preparations for their HSC exam. Favourable HSC exam performance would help improve your overall performance and reduces the chances of these subjects preventing you from reaching your desired ATAR.
I hope this helps! :D
Any tips for eng writing 😭. I’m not built for English.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Any tips for eng writing 😭. I’m not built for English.
I would recommend attempting as many practice questions as possible across all modules. If possible, you should also seek feedback regarding your writing, which can help you measure your progress and improvements with each subsequent practice question. You can implement any suggestions that you may be given. The more you apply this, the more you can improve the overall quality of your writing and the more consistent your writing will be.

billy10101

HSC
I would recommend attempting as many practice questions as possible across all modules. If possible, you should also seek feedback regarding your writing, which can help you measure your progress and improvements with each subsequent practice question. You can implement any suggestions that you may be given. The more you apply this, the more you can improve the overall quality of your writing and the more consistent your writing will be.
Thank you jimmy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)