• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is an international studies double degree worth it (2 Viewers)

Greg.B203

HSC
I am recently gotten early entry into the business/international studies degree, however I am wondering if the international studies part of the degree is worth it. I really want to do an exchange overseas and maybe do an intership either in Australia or globally.

I was tossing up whether it is either better just to do an exchange separately to international studies and doing a different double degree thats better for employability?

Could anyone doing/done the degree offer some insight?

Questions:

Is a intership during exchange possible?

Is it worth the extra 2 years or is a different double degree a better choice?

What is the social aspects of the course?

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
I am recently gotten early entry into the business/international studies degree, however I am wondering if the international studies part of the degree is worth it. I really want to do an exchange overseas and maybe do an intership either in Australia or globally.

I was tossing up whether it is either better just to do an exchange separately to international studies and doing a different double degree thats better for employability?

Could anyone doing/done the degree offer some insight?

Questions:

Is a intership during exchange possible?

Is it worth the extra 2 years or is a different double degree a better choice?

What is the social aspects of the course?
1. Yes
2. Depends on your goal
3. What do you mean by social aspects...graduate employment rate? pristege? It depends on the major you choose for the BBus part

Greg.B203

HSC
For my goal I don't really have an end goal for a career in mind which is why I was interested in a double degree in international studies or something that would help my employability, just wondering if international studies is worth the time and money

By social aspects I meant more broadly about the university as I have heard campus culture is somewhat meh,

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
Double degrees are for the interdisciplinaries. Think about it hard.

People in Australia don't care about which uni you went, unless maybe you went overseas to places like China or the U.S. where prestige still holds value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)