• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Mod 5 physics (2 Viewers)

Tryingtodowell

HSC
N/A
Ok now since Im done with projectile motion in mod 5 I havent come across this formula:
1728199814904.png

Is this from the old syllabus or something that pops in mod 5 later on? idk I searched the syllabus/ textbooks and couldnt find this so just making sure

thanks

Last edited:

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
Ok now since Im done with projectile motion in mod 5 I havent come across this formula:
View attachment 44457

Is this from the old syllabus or something that pops in mod 5 later on? idk I searched the syllabus/ textbooks and couldnt find this so just making sure

thanks
its a formula u can derive using integration. i think u can also derive it using the suvat eqns asw but im unsure. that there is the formula for the maximum height approached by the proj motion.

iloveeggs

HSC
its like a handy tool ig but you're better off not memorising it imo. maybe for practise you could derive it so you can see where it comes from

iloveeggs

HSC
You can't quote formulas not on the data sheet -> must prove them
yeah this is the reason. you can't use it straight up in the hsc. its only useful for multiple choice bc no working is needed (unlikely tho) and maybe its useful for quickly checking your answer for a longer question ig

zzz5428

HSC
Not particularly, projectile motion questions tend to be test only once or twice throughout the entire paper and are usually considered 'lower band' questions

moonsuyoung

im hungry
HSC
View attachment 44457

thanks
It's used for symmetrical projectiles only I'm pretty sure. Like people have said above, any equations in physics that are not on formula sheet you need to remember to derive or you lose marks. But just remember for multiple choice imo.

C_master

HSC
It's used for symmetrical projectiles only I'm pretty sure. Like people have said above, any equations in physics that are not on formula sheet you need to remember to derive or you lose marks. But just remember for multiple choice imo.
oi you done w mod 5?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)